Giant Moon

Old November 19th 06, 10:15 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Tom Kerr

Default Giant Moon

In article , "TWP" wrote:

If you accept the word of the scientist I quoted that you can get telescopic
mirages then I don't see what is accomplished by debating if I personally
saw one. You could tell me you saw an aurora, and given that I believe that
you know what an aurora looks like, I wouldn't see any purpose in doubting
you. Whether you saw one or not, auroras would still exist.

Sorry, this thread is so long now I missed your quote. Could you give a
link or reference to what you quoted about telescopic mirages? Apologies
for missing it first time round.
Old November 19th 06, 01:38 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Starman

I will let him go, he must be embarrassed enough since he only would coment on
the part about his age and the green sky, he didn't have the courage to coment
the part about mirages, typical kook reaction ;-)

anyway did you see this in another thread:

please take into account that picture is taken from long distance

. . .
The thread is dead. I have intelligent people who deserve my
attention.

Deja vu! g

Let him go. He probably wants to escape now that there's a likely
explanation.

He doesn't need to though. I'm not looking to embarrass him. I hope he's
big enough to learn from all this.

TWP
Loves a happy ending! :-)

Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere.
Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at få 735 spam-mails
Betalende brugere får ikke denne besked i deres e-mails.
Hent en gratis SPAMfighter her.

Old November 19th 06, 06:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
TWP

"Starman" wrote in message
I will let him go, he must be embarrassed enough since he only would

coment on
the part about his age and the green sky, he didn't have the courage to

coment
the part about mirages, typical kook reaction ;-)

Did you expect him to do anything else?! :-)

I hope he's visited by the ghost of Carl Sagan this Christmas Eve!! :-)

anyway did you see this in another thread:

please take into account that picture is taken from long distance

You can take some pretty damned strange pictures of the moon can't you!
This is why I'm never going to be able to take a picture of a giant moon and
post it as proof that I saw one.

Even if the picture survived the low light exposure, it could be dismissed
as trickery. I think the only way to know without doubt is to see one for
yourself - or have a picture taken by a professional astronomer. Even a
newspaper report of mass panic because of a giant moon would be hearsay.
This is why my attempting to verify Telescopic Mirages by a recorded
observation is futile. A mobile phone camera would be less easy to trick,
but the picture could be faked even for that. You just take a mobile phone
picture of a fake picture. A large number of people could easily perform
the same trick and make it look like an observation from multiple
viewpoints.

A pro is going to have to verify this. I said a while ago about the risk of
being declared a kook that I had the protection of having no reputation to
lose... that's also my curse.

TWP

Old November 19th 06, 06:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
TWP

"Tom Kerr" wrote in message
In article , "TWP"

wrote:

If you accept the word of the scientist I quoted that you can get

telescopic
mirages then I don't see what is accomplished by debating if I personally
saw one. You could tell me you saw an aurora, and given that I believe

that
you know what an aurora looks like, I wouldn't see any purpose in

doubting
you. Whether you saw one or not, auroras would still exist.

Sorry, this thread is so long now I missed your quote. Could you give a
link or reference to what you quoted about telescopic mirages? Apologies
for missing it first time round.

No problem.

http://www.southernnewmexico.com/Art...llusionsW.html

There is also a link to a page about the author and an email link to the
author, but I don't know if it still works. No mirage pictures though
unfortunately.

TWP

Old November 19th 06, 10:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Starman

No i did expect he would be a coward

if i ever will see the big moon again i will use my camcorder

by the way i have done some more research and found this:
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_4518919.htm
http://www.timothyrosenberg.com/in-b...lai-china.html

http://www.wallentinsen.com/eclipsar/mirage/mirage.htm
http://www.wallentinsen.com/webwork/..._2/mmirage.htm

http://www.science-frontiers.com/sf023/sf023p10.htm
http://www.science-frontiers.com/sf133/sf133p11.htm

you can also find a book that covers this, with this title:
"Rare Halos, Mirages, Anomalous Rainbows: A Catalog of Geophysical Anomalies"
244 pages, hardcover, $16.95, 111 illustrations, 5 indexes, 1984. 569
references, LC 84-50491, ISBN 915554-12-7, 7x10 format

But i don't think you can convince people like Wally, you have to think about
that this
has been discussed since before 350 bc
And he would proberbly be scared ****less if he saw what we saw

snip

[...]

Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at få 744 spam-mails

Old November 19th 06, 11:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
TWP

"Tom Kerr" wrote in message
In article , "TWP"

wrote:

If you accept the word of the scientist I quoted that you can get

telescopic
mirages then I don't see what is accomplished by debating if I personally
saw one. You could tell me you saw an aurora, and given that I believe

that
you know what an aurora looks like, I wouldn't see any purpose in

doubting
you. Whether you saw one or not, auroras would still exist.

Sorry, this thread is so long now I missed your quote. Could you give a
link or reference to what you quoted about telescopic mirages? Apologies
for missing it first time round.

I wonder if telescopic mirages might explain some UFO sightings. You would
get images of giant silent possibly distorted flying craft wouldn't you...

(I don't intend that as a dismissal of UFO's before any UFOlogists come to
break my kneecaps! :-) )

TWP

Old November 20th 06, 12:13 AM posted to alt.astronomy
nightbat[_1_]

nightbat wrote

TWP wrote:

"Tom Kerr" wrote in message

In article , "TWP"

wrote:

[...]

TWP I'm glad you clarified your inferences about mirages and
UFO's for our Royal Star Seans I'm sure wouldn't take kindly to such
poppycock or even upsetting their loyal public lay fans. As profound
Earth Science Team Officers it is our duty to separate fact from hype
make no mistake about that. The Seans reportedly do respect the Carl
Sagan SETI site members and almost gave them all the credit for first
contact on the net. Not until I the nightbat reminded them it was really
the profound Earth Science Team Officers that made contact first using
Captain Greysky's super advanced FTL buffers did they acknowledge who
really were the most profound of all.

on alert,
the nightbat

Old November 20th 06, 12:59 AM posted to alt.astronomy
TWP

"nightbat" wrote in message
nightbat wrote

TWP wrote:

"Tom Kerr" wrote in message

In article , "TWP"

wrote:

[...]

Err.... I'm still not clear on something - are my kneecaps safe or not?

Well, I'm glad to see Carl Sagan still keeps himself busy anyway!.....

TWP

Old November 20th 06, 02:56 AM posted to alt.astronomy
nightbat[_1_]

nightbat wrote

TWP wrote:

"nightbat" wrote in message

nightbat wrote

TWP wrote:

"Tom Kerr" wrote in message

In article , "TWP"

wrote:

[...]

Your anatomical parts are safe as long as you stay away from
the town park marauding coffee boys I can assure you. And strange you
should inquire about the late famous Carl Sagan for the Seans report
they have him and is doing fine? We never did get a clarification about
that so purportedly they are speaking in some altered dimension sought
of manner. My Officers Twitty and Bee are our present Team meta science
subject authorities, please contact them.

on alert,
the nightbat
Old November 20th 06, 03:21 AM posted to alt.astronomy
TWP

"nightbat" wrote in message
nightbat wrote

Your anatomical parts are safe as long as you stay away from
the town park marauding coffee boys I can assure you.

There are people who bring you coffee at the park? That sounds good! It's
so hard to get people to deliver on a Sunday.

TWP

Mauro Frau: maurofrau dvd about apollo 14 yo UK Astronomy 0 August 19th 06 05:08 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Misc 6 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge UK Astronomy 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla Astronomy Misc 15 July 25th 04 02:57 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla Misc 10 July 25th 04 02:57 PM