Spectacular Aurora in Connecticut

Old October 31st 03, 12:49 AM
Jay Sottolano

Default Spectacular Aurora in Connecticut

To all,
Taking a break from a spectacular Auroral display here in Northern CT.
Full 360 deg. at one point, with pillars of blue and pink, veils of
red, green glow near the horizon, arches culminating in a crown near
Cygnus... Not much pulsation, but color everywhere... Looks like more
to come as well...

Jay S.

Old October 31st 03, 01:00 AM
Tim

"Jay Sottolano" wrote in message
To all,
Taking a break from a spectacular Auroral display here in Northern CT.
Full 360 deg. at one point, with pillars of blue and pink, veils of
red, green glow near the horizon, arches culminating in a crown near
Cygnus... Not much pulsation, but color everywhere... Looks like more
to come as well...

Jay S.

Hi: Saw the Aurora in Aurora Ontario. At first it looked like con-trails,
lit up by a sun set, but it was 6:30 pm and the sun was long gone. I've
never seen the Aurora quite like it before; it usually shimmers but tonight
it appeared very static. It's 8pm now - I'm off for another look.

Old October 31st 03, 01:26 AM
Jay Sottolano

Tim,
Agreed, not much "dancing", but we had pillars all culminating in one
point for at least 270 deg. of sky at one point. Seems to have quieted
for now. Time was approx. 7:00 P.M. EST. Will keep checking.

Jay S.

P.S. Great name for a town!!!