FTL Astronomy!

Old March 23rd 10, 02:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

Default Expanding Space

"HVAC" wrote in message
"Painius" wrote in message
g.com...
"HVAC" wrote in message
"Painius" wrote in message
g.com...

Perhaps the only true defintion of space is "that which
contains everything else".

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Just as an FYI, Einstein wrote...

". . . space-time is not necessarily something to
which one can ascribe a separate existence,
independently of the actual objects of physical
reality. Physical objects are not *in space*, but
these objects are *spatially extended*. In this
way the concept "empty space" loses its meaning."

To me, this means that matter (and antimatter) and
what we call "space" or "space-time" are all made
essentially of the same "stuff" (in different "form").

You forget somethin' agin?

Ya. Since my 'visit' to SE Asia, I suffer from CRS.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"Chinese restaurant syndrome"

"Cutaneous radiation syndrome"

"Congenital rubella syndrome"

What?

happy holidays and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

P.S. "Learning never exhausts the mind."
Leonardo da Vinci

P.P.S.: http://Astronomy.painellsworth.net
http://PoisonFalls.painellsworth.net
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Paine_Ellsworth

Old March 23rd 10, 02:57 PM posted to alt.astronomy
JeffRelf.F-M.FM   @.

Default  matter·energy isn't in space·time, it is space·time.

You ( Painus ) are right, I merely took that VERY NICE Einstein quote
from you and restated/condensed it to:
“ matter·energy isn't in space·time, it is space·time. ”.
Old March 23rd 10, 03:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
jughead

"Painius" wrote, excerpting this quote of Uncle Albert's:

* ". . . space-time is not necessarily something to
* which one can ascribe a separate existence,
* independently of the actual objects of physical
* reality. *Physical objects are not *in space*, but
* these objects are *spatially extended*. *In this
* way the concept "empty space" loses its meaning."

Just to muse a bit on how the statement might be rendered if the
abstraction "space-time" were replaced with that which "space-time"
originally supplanted, ie., the spatial medium itself...

". . . the spatial medium is not necessarily something to
which one can ascribe a separate existence,
independently of the actual objects of physical
reality. Physical objects are not *in the spatial medium*, but
these objects are *epiphenomena OF the spatial medium*. In this
way the concept 'empty space' loses its meaning."

Gotta remember the famous quote attributed to Uncle A back toward the
mid-1920s,
"Remember gentlemen, we have not proven that the aether does not
exist, we have only proven we do not need it" (for mathematical
purposes). To paraphrase, "space can be treated mathematically _as if_
it were a void, not that it *is* a void." The mainstream pounced on it
and spun it, trumpeting the new age of scientific enlightenment. The
Primacy of Math Uber Alles supplanted the old superstition. The
"aether" was dead. The mathematical abstraction "space-time" now
reigned supreme.
"The Math" now substituted for the mechanism whose effects The Math
describes. And the rest is history.

So in his final writ, Uncle A subtly and cryptically alludes to that
which he knew all along and for reasons known only to himself, chose
to sit upon.
oc

Old March 23rd 10, 04:00 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

g.com...

CRS. Can't Remember ****

Old March 23rd 10, 04:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

JeffRelf.F-M.FM @. wrote in message

You ( Painus ) are right, I merely took that VERY NICE Einstein quote
from you and restated/condensed it to:
" matterenergy isn't in spacetime, it is spacetime. ".

Stll didn't answer what medications you are
currently taking under a doctors care.

Old March 23rd 10, 04:55 PM posted to alt.astronomy
jughead

On Mar 23, 10:29*am, "HVAC" wrote:

I think aether went away when faireys were
discovered to be false too.

Yep, the immobile and static "aether" then in vogue went the way of
faireys and Sky Pixies, and rightly so.
Old March 24th 10, 07:31 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

"HVAC" wrote in message

"Painius" wrote in message
g.com...

You forget somethin' agin?

Ya. Since my 'visit' to SE Asia, I suffer from CRS.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"Chinese restaurant syndrome"

"Cutaneous radiation syndrome"

"Congenital rubella syndrome"

What?

CRS. Can't Remember ****

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'll rush right over to Wikipedia and add that one in...

....before i forget it.

happy holidays and...
starry starry nights!

Old March 25th 10, 10:41 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

Default  FastMail.FM is a good/cheap web·host, 20 dollars per year.

JeffRelf.F-M.FM @. wrote in message

FastMail.FM is a good/cheap web·host, 20 dollars per year.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Thank you, Jeff! That'll definitely go on the list. I'm
checking out my free options first, and then i'll go to
the pay options. Thank you very much!

happy holidays and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

P.S. "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the
future." Niels Bohr

Old March 25th 10, 01:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
JeffRelf.F-M.FM   @.

Default  FastMail.FM is a good/cheap web·host, 20 dollars per year.

The 20 dollars per year gets you FTP access,
something no cost·free web·host would give you.

Also, ad·supported hosting won't let you directly link to your files
and might even limit the types of files you can create
( JPG, PNG, HTML, TXT, etc. ).

What's more, FastMail lets you view a history of all files
that the public has accessed, incluing IP·address,
user·agent and, usually, the referring link.

For unlimited email·aliases, FastMail gives you sub·domain addressing;
so you can create rules to kill no·longer wanted aliases. See:
http://www.fastmail.fm/help/features...ressing. html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-mail_...Sub-addressing

Should your ports be blocked ( e.g. port 110, POP3 ),
FastMail gives you proxies.