A Gift For You

Old January 5th 05, 08:30 AM
Darla

"nightbat" wrote in message
nightbat wrote

Darla wrote:

Darla

nightbat

You're beginning to sound like me!

the nightbat

Perhaps, Nightbat, we are not so different?
Humans have the potential to rise to our level of technology, perhaps even
surpass it.
And to do so in a relatively short period of time due to your brief
evolutionary history.
Of course, you ALSO possess the potential to do yourselves in even unto
extinction.
We continue to wonder which way you (humans) Really want to go?

Because whichever way you WANT to go, you probably WILL go.

Darla

Old January 5th 05, 08:35 AM
Darla

"Aratzio" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 19:05:04 GMT, "Darla"
got double secret probation because:

"Art Deco" wrote in message
Darla wrote:

"Bill Sheppard" wrote in message
Wow, so Darla has a star killer beam weapon. What happens to a star

when
you shoot it full of holes?

oc

Spectacular destruction, Bill!
Certainly more than enough to impress the Perseuns to acquiesce.

Who are the "Perseuns"?

Apologies, Ms. Aratzio, as we've been very busy with the data we gathered
from our trip to the Large Magellanic Cloud and with perfecting our ability
to go even farther, perhaps to Andromeda and Triangulum.

A "Perseun", Ms. Deco, is a resident of a planet and star system in the
Perseus arm of our galaxy.
Under our general nomenclature you are an "Orionite", for your star

system
is cuddled within the Orion bridge between the Perseus and Sagittarius

arms.

Minor point, do the perseuns call them selves perseun?

When you remember that "The Perseus Arm" is a name given by yourselves to
the outer spiral arm of our galaxy, then you will answer your own question.

I probably should have mentioned that we repaired the star.

Who are "we"?

My, Ms. Deco, you ARE story-challenged, aren't you!
A reality check:
"We" are not of your planet.
We have been studying life on your planet for a long, long time.
We no longer claim a connection to any particular star system, nor

even
to any particular galaxy arm or sector.
(Our planet was engulfed by our star long ago when it went "red

giant".)
We are what you might call the "Milky Wayans" (as aren't we all?).

We only recently escaped the boundaries of our galaxy for the first time

study the Large Magellanic Cloud.

What is that called in perseun?

"Perseun" refers only to the beings who reside in the Perseus arm.
It does not stand for any particular language, as there are millions of
tongues verbalized by intelligent life in the Perseus arm.

Upon our return we found that a group of Perseuns had misunderstood some

of
our procedures and were looking for us.
We were able to explain ourselves to them, entered into a mutually
gratifying agreement (or so we thought), and proceeded to celebrate with
them.
They DO know how to party, Ms. Deco, yes indeed they do.

What would Art's name be in perseun?

"Mud" G

Then, right in the middle of the celebration these Perseuns attempted to
hold us for ransom.
So much for Greed, Ms. Deco, because it was a simple matter to overcome

the
Perseuns and to contain their violence.
Now the Perseuns are Ours To Toy With G (just kidding).
However they WILL be stuck on their planet for just a bit, perhaps a few
thousand years until we can be certain that they no longer present a

threat
to the rest of us.

Who are us?

Here I was referring to all the rest of us in the galaxy, you and me
included.

One other thing "we" a
We are completely comfortable with the fact that neither you nor any

of
your fellows have any reason, logical or otherwise, to believe that we

are
who we say we are.

*We* say you are a kook.

PKB? G

Your belief is not required.

*We* believe you are a kook.

As humans consistently prove, belief does not Necessarily constitute truth.

While we've been studying your species for a long time, we have only
recently begun to study you as individuals.

Your species is kook.

Actually, our ancestors were very much like your aquatic mammals.
Of course, NOW we are even more different from them than you are from your
ancestral primates.

This medium has turned out to be a satisfactory method for us.
We are here to learn, and perhaps, to instruct a little.

Small medium for such large kooks.

We agree, yet it will have to do for now.
This may be a way toward official contact without the great "shock" that can
ensue.

My name is Darla, and I am the crew's main liazon, although there have

been
a few others of us who've found enlightenment in human words and ideas

just
by posting to this medium in several newsgroups.

That star had an index of potential (for life) of 0.6798.
Not high, but high enough to warrant repair.
There may very well be atoms in that star which "come to life"

someday.

OK.

Darla

--
"I;m psychic, dumb ass."
"Do back to Neanderthal man fer you!"

Your star has a relatively low index of potential, BTW (0.4611).
That's why many millennia ago we nearly missed you, almost passed you by.
We still haven't figured that one out yet.

Darla

We would be sad if *you* had passed us by.

What a nice thing to say, Ms. Aratzio!
Even if insincere, as may be adjudged from your above "kook" comments, it's
still a very nice thing to say.

Darla

Old January 5th 05, 02:51 PM
Susan Cohen

Art Deco wrote:
Darla wrote:

"Art Deco" wrote in message
Darla wrote:

[...]

time to
[...]

qartl says you're full of crap. HTH.

Because of her stuck buttplug?

Susan

fun gift idea Birchy Policy 0 December 23rd 04 10:41 PM
wonderful gift idea Birchy Astronomy Misc 0 December 23rd 04 10:37 PM
Gift Items (For All Occasions) Test Misc 0 November 7th 04 02:38 PM
Gift Items (For All Occasions) Test Misc 1 October 27th 04 06:10 PM