A Gift For You

Old December 29th 04, 03:31 PM
Art Deco

Darla wrote:

"Art Deco" wrote in message
Darla wrote:

We have decided to share a futuristic device with you.
We have named it a:

Drum Radius of Intense Laser Light.

(D.R.I.L.L.)

You wanted decoder rings? G
We'll go you one better.
THIS decoder ring enables you to communicate with the sky beyond your
atmosphere at any time of day or night.

This is a device which creates a cylindrical "wall" of laser light.
We suggest you begin with a smaller model which has an inner radius of 3

or
4 inches.
The lasers which project the wall must be set as closely as possible to

each
other to create the wall effect.
Larger models, which will "burn" bigger and better holes in the daytime

sky,
can be built later, when you've discovered how to "flatten" and diffuse

the
laser SOURCES (without weakening the light).
Eventually, you will create a device which will project a solid

cylindrical
wall without any interstitial defects.

You can experiment with wavelength, and you will find that, generally,

the
longer the wavelength, the better.
Other parameters such as minimum power and maximum beam divergence will

be
easy for you to figure out.

When done correctly, the light outside the cylinder will not be able to
penetrate inside and scatter.
And the scattered light within the cylinder will quickly dissipate to

reveal
the planets, stars, the faintest of objects.
It is a simple matter to install a telescope within the DRILL.

You can use the DRILL to study the night sky without city/industrial

light
interference.
And when you have perfected the DRILL, you will be able to use it to
penetrate the scattered light from your star during the day.

Long ago when our ancestors first invented this device (we were yet

stuck on
our planet as are you), it took us a little over ten of your years to
perfect it.
It would be interesting to see if you can do better.
Please figure the rest out for yourselves so we can get an accurate
comparison.

You will find many other interesting applications for this device and

its
spinoffs.
What you can do with it will be limited only by your imaginations.

Please consider this as our gift to you, and receive it along with our

wish
that upcoming new times will be peaceful and prosperous for all.

Darla

Email me and I'll give you my shipping address. Please send one ASAP.

--
"I;m psychic, dumb ass."
"Do back to Neanderthal man fer you!"

Another 'silver-spooner' heard from?

You have available to you all the materials you need to build a DRILL.
And you have opposable thumbs.
Your cerebral synapses may hold you back for awhile, but have a little faith
in yourselves!

Darla

But you said it was a gift. What a crock this turned out to be.

Old December 29th 04, 04:13 PM
Darla

"Art Deco" wrote in message

But you said it was a gift. What a crock this turned out to be.

--
"I;m psychic, dumb ass."
"Do back to Neanderthal man fer you!"
"Learn some science if you really want to know."
...Alexa Cameron demonstrates her 200+ alien-implanted IQ

I see, Ms. Deco, that you fell from the horse Before you became an excellent
horseman.
You have absolutely no eye for horseteeth!

Here's hoping that others of you are more savvy And imaginative.

Darla

Old December 29th 04, 04:18 PM
Darla

"Double-A" wrote in message
oups.com...

But I was wondering, is this thing supposed to spin around like a
gattling gun, or have no moving parts?

Double-A

Good questions, Double-A!
As I recall, I made no mention of this.
Perhaps you are a bit ahead of your time?

Darla

Old December 29th 04, 04:43 PM
Art Deco

In article Darla wrote:

"Art Deco" wrote in message

But you said it was a gift. What a crock this turned out to be.

--
"I;m psychic, dumb ass."
"Do back to Neanderthal man fer you!"
"Learn some science if you really want to know."
...Alexa Cameron demonstrates her 200+ alien-implanted IQ

I see, Ms. Deco, that you fell from the horse Before you became an excellent
horseman.
You have absolutely no eye for horseteeth!

Here's hoping that others of you are more savvy And imaginative.

Darla

What "others of me" are you referring to? I am singular.

Now I'm really confused. First you were talking about laser drills,
and now it is horses? What color is the sky where you come from?

And I still didn't get any "gift".

Old December 29th 04, 04:45 PM
Darla

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
Hi Darla This cylinder wall of laser light keeps light outside from
getting into this tube(funnel) of light.(yes?) When this drill hole
created by lasers is aimed at the moon only moon light enters it(yes?)
It has good science because laser light is that the photons do not
defuse(scatter) A wall of laser photons keeping the suns photons,or city
lights from entering. What type of laser works best? What
color photons work best? You mention longer wave lengths,but I find that
kind of "tricky" Are more laser beams better? You have made more
believers. I have always believed in you. Your virtual
friend Bert PS nightbat only wanted a decoder ring.Hmmmmm that tells
you Darla how advanced we are compared to you.

Good questions, Bert, which can be easily answered by your inventors.

I know it isn't easy, but try to put levels of advancement aside.
Far more important are your levels of (for lack of a better word in your
language) HEART, and your potential for learning.

An example of this would be the Perseuns:
I wasn't going to tell you this if there were no reason to, but you have
given me cause.
Right in the middle of the celebration party they turned on us.
We were compelled to contain their species to their planet.
This sets them back several million years.
Some peoples must learn the "hard" way.
Had the Perseuns not been so greedy, we planned to bring them to our level
of advancement quickly.
Now they have only themselves as teachers, prisoners and jailers, much like
yourselves for the most part.

While your own species has its problems, the Vast Majority of human beings
have a lot of heart and an amazing potential for learning.
And you will eventually learn how to contain/instruct the few among you who
are lacking in these.
Those of you who are studying violence/terrorism are so very close to
finding out how easy it can be to put a lid on these.
And to allow the Vast Majority to rule.

Darla

Old December 29th 04, 05:13 PM
Darla

"Art Deco" wrote in message
In article Darla wrote:

"Art Deco" wrote in message

But you said it was a gift. What a crock this turned out to be.

--
"I;m psychic, dumb ass."
"Do back to Neanderthal man fer you!"
"Learn some science if you really want to know."
...Alexa Cameron demonstrates her 200+ alien-implanted IQ

I see, Ms. Deco, that you fell from the horse Before you became an

excellent
horseman.
You have absolutely no eye for horseteeth!

Here's hoping that others of you are more savvy And imaginative.

Darla

What "others of me" are you referring to? I am singular.

Yum yum, the bait is good, Ms. Deco.
Granted, we have been accustomed to referring to human beings in the
singular from many long years of study of you as a species.
So much of my discourse is still peppered with general terminology.
Yet I would be very surprised if more than 3% of the people reading this
failed to understand me when I wrote, "others of you".
But for that 3% club of which you appear to be a member, Ms. Deco, I meant
"other readers".

Now I'm really confused. First you were talking about laser drills,
and now it is horses? What color is the sky where you come from?

Very dark with lots of tiny sparkles.

And I still didn't get any "gift".

People who look a gift horse in the mouth seldom do "get it", Ms. Deco.

--
"I;m psychic, dumb ass."
"Do back to Neanderthal man fer you!"
"Learn some science if you really want to know."
...Alexa Cameron demonstrates her 200+ alien-implanted IQ

Of course, if you're just playin' with me, while busying yourself with
design and construction of a DRILL (this has happened before many times),
then welcome to the race!

Darla

Old December 29th 04, 05:24 PM
Darla

"nightbat" wrote in message
nightbat wrote

Darla wrote:

[...]

Thank you Darla for the sky laserscope or D.R.I.L.L. a major
problem and solution for Earthlings hopefully solved. Many science
oriented newsgroup Earthlings look forward to the great potential
prosperity and good fortune of your star race first official contact.

the nightbat

You're very welcome, The Nightbat!

I probably don't have to say this, but I shall say it anyway.
The Proz will be studying human progress on this item very closely.
Much more than a gift, the DRILL could very well be an open doorway.

Darla

Old December 29th 04, 05:31 PM
Ray Vingnutte

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 05:12:54 -0500
nightbat wrote:

nightbat wrote

Darla wrote:

[...]

This sounds like a small device could be built, with say several laser
pointers mounted in a circular fashion creating the effect of a single
wall. With a bit of tweaking and optics who knows.

the nightbat

Old December 29th 04, 09:12 PM
Double-A

Darla wrote:
[...]

If you have a solution to violence and terrorism, that would be much
more valuable to us than any device you could offer.

The problem here is that while most of us are "nice guys", it is
usually the worst of us who rise to positions of power and influence.
Then this sheep-like instinct kicks in, and we tend to follow those bad
leaders mindlessly, even to the point of committing the worst kinds of
atrocities.

If you can show us a way to overcome this problem with human
psychology, that would be more meaningful to most people here right now
than any ticket to the stars.

Double-A

Old December 30th 04, 08:16 AM
Greysky

"Darla" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Darla and crew, for this neat concept. The DRILL sounds like a
photonic optical cable, yes? We are moving atoms around by manipulating them
via bisecting laser beams. Makes sense you can also create a rig that can
manipulate / contain electromagnetic energy as well. Now, that has some
useful properties far removed from simple telescopy, eh? I can imagine
perhaps resonating matter within the light tube in such a way that it can
be sent up through the center of the tube and exit out the top and into
space - a nice cheap way to carry matter into space (or to wherever you are
pointing the beam at). Also, during experiments I've done while working on
my FTL project, I realize what you have described can also amount to a
Casimir shield if you step the frequency down from light to radio
frequencies. I use this type shielding to contain/exclude virtual quanta
from swamping the noise threshold from within the ftl pipeline itself,
although I use bits of conductive metal to shape the field cubically, a
laser beam is its own geometric container isn't it? I am also
wondering -hint hint- what the measured speed of light will turn out to be
inside the drill?The DRILL is NICE :-)

Greysky

fun gift idea Birchy Policy 0 December 23rd 04 10:41 PM
wonderful gift idea Birchy Astronomy Misc 0 December 23rd 04 10:37 PM
Gift Items (For All Occasions) Test Misc 0 November 7th 04 02:38 PM
Gift Items (For All Occasions) Test Misc 1 October 27th 04 06:10 PM