Asteroid collision with earth

Old March 5th 12, 02:19 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2[_2_]

Default Asteroid collision with earth

On Monday, March 5, 2012 2:48:08 AM UTC-5, greysky wrote:
60 meter asteroid DA14 will pass *under* our orbital satellites next
february. That's scary close. How close? So close that the earth's gravity
will distort the orbit radically, so right now no one can tell if it'll
hit us or not. A tunguska -like event over new york will not be a good
thing, but, only time will tell...

http://rt.com/news/paint-asteroid-earth-nasa-767/

How do you tell if its an asteroid or a comet when it hits. I'm looking at a picture of Tempel 1 Its a very dry comet with crates in craters. Get the picture TreBert
Old March 5th 12, 02:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Mar 5, 5:19*am, "G=EMC^2" wrote:
On Monday, March 5, 2012 2:48:08 AM UTC-5, greysky wrote:
60 meter asteroid DA14 *will pass *under* our orbital satellites next
february. That's scary close. *How close? So close that the earth's gravity
will distort the orbit radically, so right now no one *can tell if *it'll
hit us or not. *A tunguska -like event over new york will not be *a good
thing, but, only time will tell...

http://rt.com/news/paint-asteroid-earth-nasa-767/

How do you tell if its an asteroid or a comet when it hits. *I'm looking at a picture of Tempel 1 *Its a very dry comet with crates in craters. *Get the picture *TreBert

Asteroids are either the core of spent comets or they're simply big
and solid enough that outgassing due to the sun and its solar wind
doesn't give us the typical comet like tail. Usually asteroids will
still manage to give off gasses, but often those are invisible to the
human eye.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search
http://translate.google.com/#
Old March 5th 12, 03:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

STILL AS SENILE AS EVER!

ARE THOSE CRATES FULL OF SOMETHING?

Saul Levy

Old March 5th 12, 03:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

BUT NOT INVISIBLE TO A SPECTROGRAPH, YOU ****ING GOOFY FOOL!

Saul Levy

On Mon, 5 Mar 2012 05:36:32 -0800 (PST), Brad Guth
wrote:

Asteroids are either the core of spent comets or they're simply big
and solid enough that outgassing due to the sun and its solar wind
doesn't give us the typical comet like tail. Usually asteroids will
still manage to give off gasses, but often those are invisible to the
human eye.

Brad Guth, THE VILLAGE IDIOT FARTS AGAIN!