Breaking News : DAWN Spacecraft Damaged!

Old June 14th 07, 09:13 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Default Breaking News : DAWN Spacecraft Damaged!

And there I was thinking it might have been some egocentric tech etching
graffiti into the composite material.

Like Fred was ere...

Brian

Email:

"Alex Terrell" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 13 Jun, 20:38, kT wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:
Any details?

Well, I blobbed it, of course, second, also known as last :

http://cosmic.lifeform.org/?p=318

So, it sounds real bad, and I'm really having a bad day, but then Kim
Keller comes on, and says it was just a non critical and hopefully
superficial gouge on some of the composite array mounting structure,
from a dropped wrench of one of the contractors, who has apologized.

This is all second hand street talk, clearly there was an incident, but
the good news (or lack of news) is that there should be no real delay.

I think they are scrambling with this mission after the crane problem.

Everybody just calm down, breathe slowly, a new dawn is approaching.

I also heard they loaded enough xenon for a possible Pallas visit.

It was damaged when an English 00 agent broke in through the roof to
recover a lost GPS encoder. Moments before, baddy No 3 had told his
henchmen to look after the satellite as it was worth a billion
dollars, thereby sealing its fate.

Old June 14th 07, 04:01 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
BradGuth

On Jun 13, 5:48 pm, kT wrote:

Yes, Brad, Venus is right there, download Stellarium for God's sake.

Don't have to because, I know for a matter of fact that Venus was
easily within the FOV from the moon (especially from orbing that
physically dark and highly reactive sucker), as our rad-hard and
otherwise hocus-pocus Apollo crews supposedly did their moon walking
thing, along with those unfiltered cameras having Kodak film with more
than sufficient dynamic range for having recorded Venus, as well as a
few other items besides mother Earth as situated above that physically
dark lunar horizon.

BTW our sun is also not providing the raw illumination spectrum of a
xenon lamp.

Controlling the past is the one and only alternative for the likes of
our MI/NSA~NASA.
-
"whoever controls the past, controls the future" / George Orwell
-
Brad Guth

Breaking News : DAWN Spacecraft Damaged! kT Space Shuttle 11 June 14th 07 04:01 PM
Breaking NASA News :) Dale History 4 April 29th 06 08:34 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Most Stars Are Single Magnificent Universe Amateur Astronomy 11 January 23rd 06 07:22 AM
BREAKING NEWS - UFO Abducts Pig!!!! Art Deco Misc 1 October 25th 05 04:29 AM
Breaking News, Japan Earthquake Ray Vingnutte Misc 8 August 17th 05 10:16 AM