Fed up with NEW SCOPE ARRIVES posts!

Old January 18th 04, 01:00 AM
Trane Francks

Default Apologies for Top-Posting - was: Fed up with NEW SCOPE ARRIVESposts!

On 01/18/04 04:06 +0900, Del Johnson wrote:

I have tried that, but it is too squirrelly. Better not to have to scroll
at all.

I can but imagine your shock and dismay as I disagree with you. ;^)

Think about it. There is no need to re-read the previous post when
following a threaded conversation.

Personally, I prefer conversation-style quoting, which enables
anybody to jump in and understand the context of statements
without having to read through sometimes countless pages of
quoted material to get to what the person replied to in the
top-post. Combined with balanced snippage, messages are a joy to
read. (Everybody should be forced to go through 2 years of
FidoNet on 2400 baud dial-up.)

As for the squirrelly nature of the "middle-click scroll target,"
just cut back on the caffeine and use slow, subtle mouse
movements. A little goes a long way. We know you can do it, Del.
huge grin (and just funnin')

trane
// Trane Francks Tokyo, Japan