OT - TSA bans gels, liquids at aircraft museums

Old August 27th 06, 02:44 AM posted to sci.space.history
Scott Hedrick

Default OT - TSA bans gels, liquids at aircraft museums

"Mary Pegg" wrote in message
Well what *do* they say when they strap someone into the electric chair?

"Who brought the hot dogs?"

Old August 27th 06, 06:20 AM posted to sci.space.history
Neil Gerace

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

David Higgins wrote:

Pat Flannery wrote:

Did you ever try to run with a 55 gallon barrel of crude oil on your
back? :-)

A barrel of crude is around 42 gallons, and no, I haven't.

It says in the Koran that it's 55 gallons.
Do you doubt the word of Allah, or of his prophet, Mohammed?
Infidel! :-)

"US or Imperial?"

"I don't know! Aaaaaah!"

Old August 27th 06, 06:23 AM posted to sci.space.history
Neil Gerace

"Herb Schaltegger" wrote in
message .com...

Though most places where capital punishment is still performed (after a
fair trial by an impartial jury of the accused's peers)

ISTM that the peers of a person accused of a capital crime could only be
other people accused of capital crimes. What's a peer in the legal sense?

Old August 27th 06, 10:17 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_1_]

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 01:44:35 GMT, h (Rand
Simberg) wrote:

Or Venezuela?

....That's coming. We have to wait until Castro croaks, and we take
back Cuba first.

OM
--
]=====================================[
] OMBlog -
Old August 27th 06, 10:21 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_1_]

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 21:44:45 -0400, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

"Mary Pegg" wrote in message
Well what *do* they say when they strap someone into the electric chair?

"Who brought the hot dogs?"

"Now, this won't hurt too much..."

"Say 'hi' to Hitler, Stalin and Nixon for me, willyah?"

"What a waste of electricity. A noose would be more efficient."

"Hey, this beats being fed to a pack of wild dogs, which is what *I*
wanted to do to you!"

"Why, yes, this is *just* like one of those Van De Graaf generators
you used to play with in school!"

"Mind if I turn out the lights? There's this really cool effect that
the people in the viewing section just have to see!"

OM
--
]=====================================[
Old August 27th 06, 10:24 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_1_]

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 21:41:53 -0400, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

Except that it's *not* one of the largest sources of oil for the US- if
securing oil was the real reason, why didn't we "secure" Mexico or Canada?

....Because eventually Canada will beg to join the Union, and as it
stands right now Mexico is conquering the US via illegal immigration.

OM
--
]=====================================[
Old August 27th 06, 12:58 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 13:23:02 +0800, in a place far, far away, "Neil
Gerace" made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

"Herb Schaltegger" wrote in
message .com...

Though most places where capital punishment is still performed (after a
fair trial by an impartial jury of the accused's peers)

ISTM that the peers of a person accused of a capital crime could only be
other people accused of capital crimes. What's a peer in the legal sense?

Originally it meant someone of the same social class (from the days of
nobility). Think commoners, versus aristocracy.
Old August 27th 06, 03:32 PM posted to sci.space.history
Gary W. Swearingen

David Higgins writes:

Pat Flannery wrote:

Did you ever try to run with a 55 gallon barrel of crude oil on your back? :-)

A barrel of crude is around 42 gallons, and no, I haven't.

Unless the barrel is a 55 gallon barrel, as Pat specified.

Are actual 42-gallon barrels used much, in comparison to the 55-gallon
ones? I don't deal with barrels much and am only aware of seeing the
55-gallon ones and some that are more like 15-20 gallons.
Old August 27th 06, 06:50 PM posted to sci.space.history
Mary Pegg[_3_]

Rand Simberg wrote:

Which is still an absurd comparison to Islamist murder of
innocents--people who are guilty of nothing except being infidels (and
sometimes not even that, since they gleefully kill other Muslims as
well) with nothing resembling a trial.

An execution is an execution.

--
Something like: "ntlworld" "com" "dot" "at" "marypegg"

Old August 27th 06, 06:54 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 17:50:09 GMT, in a place far, far away, Mary Pegg

Rand Simberg wrote:

Which is still an absurd comparison to Islamist murder of
innocents--people who are guilty of nothing except being infidels (and
sometimes not even that, since they gleefully kill other Muslims as
well) with nothing resembling a trial.

An execution is an execution.

Complete nonsense. That's like saying all deaths are murders.