Ask away!

Old November 29th 04, 05:15 PM
Daniel

Default Ask away!

Astro amateurs,

When I moved to SW Austin in '98 I finally found the stars above me!
Not hard to do since before then I lived in San Antonio and Houston
where you just get a consistent orange glow (especially in Houston).

This newsgroup was VERY helpful for me to come up to speed on learning
amateur astronomy as a hobby. It even helped to find and choose my
first telescope.

Ever since then I've been enjoying this wonderful hobby and wanting to
start my own site that helps to document stuff I've learned that I
think most people should know.

So now I have at : http://www.skywonders.com or
http://sky-wonders.blogspot.com.

I know this is a shameless plug for a website, but I'm not selling
anything, just giving away free info, so please don't flame me.

I'm just trying to get more astro info out there by writing
informative articles. I plan to add some RSS feeds so you can get
astro news as well.

So please visit the site if you would like to submit a question. Just
click on the ask a question link on the sidebar and post a comment to
the "Ask Me a Question" article.

Or for simplicity, email: (just
remove the nospams).

The only thing I ask is that you don't ask me "What telescope should I
buy?" or "what star did I see the other night to the east?" type
newbie questions. For those I encourage you to research this fine
newsgroup.

I'm looking more for questions that inspire thought-provoking answers
like "Why does only one side of the moon face us" or "What is a sun
dog" or "Why can't you look at a solar eclipse if the sun is blocked?"
or "Why doesn a rainbow sometimes not have a reflection?".

Dan
Old November 29th 04, 06:20 PM
francis marion

I've bookmarked your site and will spend some time checking it out.

Thanks,
F Marion