Cherry Springs Star Party - June 2005!

Old November 27th 04, 04:23 AM
Ted A. Nichols II

Default Cherry Springs Star Party - June 2005!

Greetings,

The Astronomical Society of Harrisburg is pleased to announce that as
part of it's 50th Anniversary Year that it will be hosting it's 5th
Annual Star Party at Cherry Springs State Park on June 3, 4, 5, 6, and
7 of 2005. The event will be dubbed fittingly the Cherry Springs Star
Party. This will be our first attempt at a "full blown" Star Party at
Cherry Springs and our membership is excited about this endeavor!

ASH completed a "feasibility" study into holding an event at Cherry
Springs over the past few months and received positive response from
both DCNR, Astronomy Vendors, as well as Cherry Springs Regulars and
Local Amateurs. The response overwhelmingly showed us that there was
in interest in seeing ASH pursue our Star Party at Cherry Springs.
While there are dark areas in the Harrisburg Area, none of them quite
compare to Cherry Springs. Why we've found many places comparable that
our members frequent monthly, none of them would be able to hold a
Star Party crowd, nor do they feature the amenities Cherry Springs
does. So it was decided, it's time to go where its dark and to quit
messing around with sites in our backyard that aren't conducive to a
star party!

May's Munchables is on board and will be providing food at the Star
Party Thursday Evening through Sunday Morning. As evidenced in our
past star parties we expect to have an extensive list of vendors and
door prizes and a slate of speakers that will blow you away!

The Astronomical Society of Harrisburg has a history of hosting
quality Star Parties as is evidenced in the past by our S4 Star Party
which was most recently held in July of 2004 at Pine Grove Furnace
State Park near Newville, PA. ASH also has a history of being involved
with and promoting Cherry Springs State Park. Many of our members
frequent the State Park and we were one of the early groups to begin
traveling to Cherry Springs. For a few years ASH even hosted a "No
Frills" Star Party at Cherry Springs State Park in the Spring that you
might have heard about.

The event will feature observing on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and
Sunday Nights.

Most of the "normal" Star Party Activities (Speakers, Vendors, etc.)
will be occurring on Friday and Saturday.

Registration will strictly be limited to 500 Registrations, which will
most likely be filled via Pre-Registration.

Registrations will most likely fill quickly. Registration for the Star
Party will open up at: www.cherrysprings.org by January 1, 2005.

Our website has some initial information on it now and the subpages
contain info on our 2004 star party which will give you an idea of the
caliber star party ASH provides. Feel free to visit:
www.cherrysprings.org for more information and make sure to bookmark
it! The whole site will be operational with 2005 information by
January 1, 2005.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. If you know of a
vendor that would be interested in signing up to come to the Cherry
Springs Star Party or of a vendor who would be interested in donating
a door prize, please let me know about them, or have them e-mail
.

ASH will be conducting a mailing to national vendors shortly, but feel
free to contact us now to get on the list!

Regards,
Ted A. Nichols II
President - ASH
www.astrohbg.org
Society Founded in 1955!
Old November 29th 04, 07:12 PM
Ted A. Nichols II

There was an error in my original posting. When I imported dates into
the original announcement e-mail from my Calendar Program it was using
"2004."

The correct dates for the Cherry Springs Star Party are June 2-6 of
2005. Many of you e-mailed me about this and I thank you. As I stated
in the e-mail the dates are Thursday thru Monday. That was correct,
however the dates were wrong.

JUST to clarify ASH's Cherry Springs Star Party is June 2-6 of 2005
which is THURSDAY-SATURDAY.

This is the last time for a number correction I promise.

AND, Registration info will be online by January 1, 2005 at:
www.cherrysprings.org

Thanks for your understanding of my date issues!

Regards,
Ted A. Nichols II
President - ASH
www.astrohbg.org