ice Cream Flames

Old November 27th 04, 03:49 AM
starlord

Default ice Cream Flames

Tonight I went up to the corner, and it
started off bad. I normaly pull in next
to the pay phones, unload and pull the
car across the street, this takes maybe
5 mins tops. Tonight I pulled in and
guest who comes from the back of the lot
waving me away, yep, it was the FF
owner, He yelled "Get off the lot, I'm
not giving you an inch, park someplace
else and carry your ****". So I didn't
say a word, just pulled across the
street where I normal park and un loaded
from there. He was running one of those
cherry pickers, doing something at the
top of his tree of lights. It must have
killed him to see someone come from
inside his place and come over to my to
have a look at the full moon.

So "HE" is still faning the flames.

Wait until Saturn is in the earlyer
evening sky, moon or not I'll be out
more offen.

--

The Forgotten
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/forgotten.htm

---

Old November 27th 04, 11:18 AM
Leonard

"starlord" wrote in message ...
Tonight I went up to the corner, and it
started off bad. I normaly pull in next
to the pay phones, unload and pull the
car across the street, this takes maybe
5 mins tops. Tonight I pulled in and
guest who comes from the back of the lot
waving me away, yep, it was the FF
owner, He yelled "Get off the lot, I'm
not giving you an inch, park someplace
else and carry your ****". So I didn't
say a word, just pulled across the
street where I normal park and un loaded
from there.

Hi Starlord ,

Could it be that this major jackass is experiencing a
outbreak of Herpies ? Or he could have a case of everlasting
hemorrhoids , whatever . I hope things work out for you , your a good
man . Keep up the good work .
Leonard
Old November 27th 04, 02:50 PM
starlord

From what I've been told from others who have had dealings with him, that he
seems to fancy himself as the biggest fish in a small puddle and is used to
getting his way.

Then I come along and don't ask for his permission to set up on a Public
Sidewalk, I don't pay any rent, and I've stood my ground on my rights to set
up there.

So, he's made sure that the burned out neon lights on his building have been
replaced, he's replaced his older yellowing foster freeze sign with a newer
brighter one and I still have the gall to come set up and what must really
kill him is to see people come over and see the moon.

And I never even said a word to him last night, but I've bought my last cup
of coffee in there. The ARCO station across the street has coffee if I realy
need any.

--

The Forgotten
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/forgotten.htm
SIAR
www.starlords.org
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Car Fund Page Update
http://www.bishopcarfund.netfirms.com/

m...

Old November 27th 04, 04:45 PM
SaberScorpX

So, he's made sure that the burned out neon lights on his building have been
replaced, he's replaced his older yellowing foster freeze sign with a newer
brighter one and I still have the gall to come set up and what must really
kill him is to see people come over and see the moon.

A little light pollution/moonlight can go a long way.
Cones, being much less sensitive than rods, require higher
levels of light to generate signals.
Many targets benefit from moderate ambient light. Luna's glare
doesn't seem as harsh. Double-stars and planets especially
(except Pluto) can show more color and detail.
Of course, for DSOs and aesthetics, I'll take a 6+ mag. sky anytime.

Old November 27th 04, 07:57 PM
Phil Wheeler

starlord wrote:

So, he's made sure that the burned out neon lights on his building have been
replaced, he's replaced his older yellowing foster freeze sign with a newer
brighter one

So, given that, is that the darkest corner you've been able to find in
Rosamond?

Phil

Old November 27th 04, 10:33 PM
starlord

I picked this corner as in one way it IS the middle of Rosamond. The lights
don't bother me at all mostly, after all I used to set up in Waikiki Beach
when I was still living in Hawaii and that area has more lights than all or
Rosamond. It's seen by people coming from or going to the store, freeway,
etc.

Now take last night, the moon came up north of east and it provided a good
view and the street/signs didn't do a thing to it. I've showed people MARS,
Saturn, Jupiter and last chrismas night I was there and the FF lights where
off and I was able to show off M-42, M-45 and a few other DSO's too.

For over 5 years nothing was said, it wasn't until this last spring that the
manure hit the fan.

Now today, as much as I'd like to go up, I'll be staying home, Babylon 8 is
up on my trailers porch and I'm not planing on going anywhere. Why? 28mph
winds with gusts to 45+mph, clouds moving in from the south, and my knees
are telling me astorm is acoming. That dose more to stop me than what he can
do.

--

The Forgotten
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/forgotten.htm
SIAR
www.starlords.org
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Car Fund Page Update
http://www.bishopcarfund.netfirms.com/

.. .

Old November 28th 04, 12:59 AM
Florian

So "HE" is still faning the flames.

You know he doesn't like you there yet you continue to pick this one=20
particular corner to set up your scope. Even with the new brighter sign
you still choose this location. If anyone is fanning flames it's you.

-Florian

Old November 28th 04, 05:10 AM
Tom McDonald

Florian wrote:
So "HE" is still faning the flames.

You know he doesn't like you there yet you continue to pick this one
particular corner to set up your scope. Even with the new brighter sign
you still choose this location. If anyone is fanning flames it's you.

-Florian

Sometimes a man has to stand his ground. You might not have
chosen this situation as the place to draw your line; he has.

I applaud him for what he's doing.

I think the business owner is both a putz for his opposition,
and an incredibly poor businessman not to take advantage of
Starlord being there. Were I he, I'd have specials when
Starlord was set up, maybe even naming a product some
astronomy-related name. And/or put up a star map on the window
nearest the corner. He'd make some money, some friends, and
wouldn't go to hell. :-)

--
Tom McDonald
http://webpages.charter.net/tsmac/tmcdonald2672/
Old November 29th 04, 06:14 AM
Jerry

The guy is obviously an asshole, so find another place. Why risk
a good thing just for "his" power control jollies. ? Think about it.
There probably is a better place, just waiting ... that wants you!
This guy obviously wants you, but in his sack. Please move!

Ice Cream & Flames starlord Misc 2 November 27th 04 03:22 PM
A Taxonomy of Auroras Canopus Amateur Astronomy 0 November 12th 04 08:03 AM
Anti Midge cream - Does Avon work ? / What works better ?! Richard F.L.R. Snashall Amateur Astronomy 4 August 15th 03 03:07 AM