M8 BiColor Image R+B

Old August 7th 04, 05:19 PM
Dennis Persyk

Default M8 BiColor Image R+B

I ran out of time and clear skies imaging M8 and only had red and blue
frames towards my RGB tricolor image. I averaged the 15 minutes each
of red and blue to synthesize a fake green frame, combined them as an
RGB, and was pleasantly surprised with the result. Take a look and
see what you think.

Takahashi E160 f/3.3 astrograph, MX716 camera, TrueTechnology filters,
AP1200GTO.

It doesn't seem fair: I spend 3 hours imaging an LRGB and get an ugly
image – then I spend 30 minutes imaging an RB and get a nice image.

I'd appreciate input on bicolor imaging. I have no idea how to do it
correctly. Are my colors anywhere near correct?

Image and simulated eyepiece view at
http://home.att.net/~dpersyk/new.htm

Thank you for visiting my site.

Clear skies,