Discovering Uranus

Old November 29th 04, 11:56 PM
Glenn Holliday

Default Discovering Uranus

Sure, finding Uranus is old hat for most of the folks here.
But this season is the first time I've tried it, so it was
a fun accomplishment.

Aquarius has been lost in skyglow here, so I've been waiting for
the sky to darken early enough to catch Aquarius higher in the
sky. Last night the east was cloudy but the west was clear.
I was able to make out alpha and theta by eye in Aquarius,
but lower than that only glow. With 15x35 binoculars I scanned
downward, and there it was. A greenish point between two
faint stars. Nice.

--
Glenn Holliday