New uses for the Lunar Reflectors

Old September 2nd 04, 11:24 AM
Wally Anglesea

Default New uses for the Lunar Reflectors

Some time ago, MS wanted to know where the science papers from the Apollo
Program to the Moon were.

A quick search of the excellent site MS recommended found these recent
papers, all of which are a result of the Apollo missions to the Moon.
This is only one single site, and the archives don't go back very far, so
I'm sure there are more sites, and obviously, the papers here refer to
previous papers going back to about 1972: Just a quick sample.

A New Application of the Lunar Laser Retroreflectors: Searching for the
"Local" Hubble Expansion
http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/astro-ph/0302008

Gravitational Acceleration of Spinning Bodies From Lunar Laser Ranging
Measurements
http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/gr-qc/0212043

The Accelerated Universe and the Moon
http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/hep-ph/0212069

Testing for gravitationally preferred directions using the lunar orbit
http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/gr-qc/9606076

35 Years of Testing Relativistic Gravity: Where do we go from here?
http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/gr-qc/0311039 And that one is an awesome abstract,
but I need to get a follow up done before I see what they found out.

Once again MS, thanks for the link you provided.

I've downloaded a all of the above ones, and I'll spend the next day or so
reading them. In particular, both the Accelerated Universe and the Moon, and
the "Searching for the "Local" Hubble expansion" are promising. If you are
prepared to read them too, we can discuss the consequences of them.

Ain't modern astronomy wonderful? You can learn so much.

The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 5 July 29th 04 06:14 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Astronomy Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge Misc 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
Apollo Buzz alDredge UK Astronomy 5 July 28th 04 10:05 AM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla UK Astronomy 11 July 25th 04 02:57 PM