What if (on White Dwarfs)

Old April 18th 07, 06:21 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default What if (on White Dwarfs)

Daffy Duck You are right. I'm Bert all the way down. It was a toy
spinning gyro that in the eyes of an 8 year old kid was defying
gravity,that gave me an interest in science. It even gave you an
interest to flame all of my science thoughts. If you don't find my
ideas interesting than you are making a big fool out of yourself.
Keep in mind "Only fools rush in" Bert

Old April 18th 07, 06:27 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Daffy duck I predict the flow of beer will be around for more that a
half billion years,and like waves coming to shore it will have a white
foam. There is no need for nature to recycle me(reborn) if this is not
reality bert PS CHEERS

Old April 19th 07, 03:25 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

On Apr 17, 5:22 pm, Scott Miller wrote:

Small problem there - the Sun's increased luminosity over the next half
billion years is likely to evaporate our atmosphere. With no atmosphere
to keep the water on the surface, no water. Therefore, by the time the
Sun does become a red giant and char the Earth, it will be charring a
lifeless world.

A more recent fault will be from the ongoing demise of our
magnetoshpere, as being the cause of Earth losing much of its
atmosphere that's protecting us from the gauntlet of solar and cosmic
energy that's not very DNA/RNA friendly, that is unless we move
underground or under sufficient water.
-
Brad Guth

Old April 19th 07, 03:34 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

On Apr 17, 5:18 pm, Scott Miller wrote:
G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Hagar(not to horrible) Yes they have been looking for changes in
brightness in hopes of proving a Sun like star has planets. My difference
is I'm using a star the size of the Earth,and going for a total eclipse.
That would be a first,and also prove a white dwarf having great
gravitation can have a solar system. Bert

A planet in an orbital plane in the line of sight to us to eclipse
Sirius B would also produce measurable Doppler effect. No such effect
has been observed in the spectra of Sirius B. That just about rules out
a Jupiter mass planet orbiting that object.

That's also true, unless the item is somewhat smaller and being the
density of a spent white dwarf core.

The ability to monitor the likes of Sirius isn't good enough for us to
tell what's there to behold, as something of a sizable item is perhaps
Sirius C, that's just too close or somewhat skewed into an orbit
that's just weird enough as to keeping itself out of sight.
-
Brad Guth

Old April 19th 07, 03:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

On Apr 16, 6:50 am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
What if we keep a camera continually on Sirius B,and we see its bright
point of light blink? We would know it had in its solar system a planet
the size of Jupiter. We would be observing a total eclipse of a star
many LY away. I predict this would happen. It would cost little time
and money. It could get me a Nobel if proven. Bert

That's very true, but easier said than accomplished unless using a 20
DB CCD along with a near-UV and/or UV-a band-pass element, of which
such items do exist, and for best results of getting that camera and
of its mirror optics and band-pass filters outside of our polluted
atmosphere, so that all of those pesky Sirius-A photons don't keep us
so blinded by the light (sort of speak).

We should be able to identify a Venus/Earth class of planet, if any
exist.

BTW; how fast are we moving towards Sirius?
-
Brad Guth

Old April 19th 07, 06:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

On Apr 17, 12:01 pm, "Hagar" wrote:
When the transition from Star to White Dwarf is complete (through the Red
Giant stage), the original mass of the star will be greatly reduced, since
the Red Giant phase blasts most of its outer layers into space, in repeated
convulsions. It is thus doubtful that the resulting White Dwarf has enough
gravity to keep the outer planets in a stable orbit. Neptune, Uranus and
Pluto (and their moons) will probably drift off into the Oort cloud and
beyond and may well wind up as true wandering planets in the Kuiper belt.- Hide quoted text -

I tend to agree, and just where the hell otherwise do you folks think
our extremely unusual moon and that of Venus came from, and remotely
even that of good old proto-Earth?

However, of such other discards by so many other red giant fiascos
having tossed out their outter and/or more robust Venus like planets
along with whatever spare moons, of which obviously those items had to
go somewhere, and that somewhere could just as easily become that of a
tough old white dwarf.

How about a few pesky planets orbiting the likes of Sirius A?
-
Brad Guth