As Goes General Motors ...

Old April 4th 06, 09:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Default As Goes General Motors ...

Major auto parts manufacturer Delphi, already working under chapter 11
bankruptcy, wants to cut thousands of $27/hr jobs and replace them with
$12/hr jobs, doing the same thing! More jobs for the Mexicans, I
guess.

This very likely will result in a strike. Since it is a major supplier
of parts to GM, a strike at Delphi would be a severe a blow to the
already shaky GM. In fact it just might force them into bankruptcy!

Of course a bankruptcy at GM would allow them to also void their union
contracts and turn more high paying jobs into low paying ones, and make
more jobs for the Mexicans!

Have you noticed that GMAC is now offering 4% saving accounts and 5%
CD's to the general public. With most banks still offering practically
no interest on savings accounts, this has some appeal. But beware!
The bonds of GMAC, as well as the bonds of parent GM, now are regarded
as having junk status!

Ford is in no better shape in spite its having bought out a number of
foreign car brands, and Chrysler is now a German car.

We could be nearing the end of an era. We might be seeing the final
days of the great American car!

Remember how cool the old Chevies used to be back in the 50's?
Reminisce as you drive your Honda car to the Wal-Mart to buy all that
Chinese crap!

Double-A

Old April 4th 06, 09:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy

Double-A wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Things change with time, all not for the better, I'm afraid. Just grip the
arms of your easy chair and hold on!

HJ

Old April 4th 06, 09:46 PM posted to alt.astronomy

"Double-A" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I'm sorry I must have missed the ASTRONOMY portion of this post. Could you
point it out for me???

Old April 5th 06, 01:50 AM posted to alt.astronomy

John Zinni wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message
oups.com...
Major auto parts manufacturer Delphi, already working under chapter 11
bankruptcy, wants to cut thousands of $27/hr jobs and replace them with
$12/hr jobs, doing the same thing! More jobs for the Mexicans, I
guess.

I'm sorry I must have missed the ASTRONOMY portion of this post. Could you
point it out for me???

Results 1 - 10 of about 693,000 for "general motors" nasa. (0.28
seconds)

Old April 5th 06, 01:54 AM posted to alt.astronomy

Raving Loonie wrote in message
oups.com...

John Zinni wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message
oups.com...
Major auto parts manufacturer Delphi, already working under chapter 11
bankruptcy, wants to cut thousands of $27/hr jobs and replace them

with
$12/hr jobs, doing the same thing! More jobs for the Mexicans, I
guess.

I'm sorry I must have missed the ASTRONOMY portion of this post. Could

you
point it out for me???

Results 1 - 10 of about 693,000 for "general motors" nasa. (0.28
seconds)

Good man!

Old April 5th 06, 02:09 AM posted to alt.astronomy

wrote:
Raving Loonie wrote in message
oups.com...

John Zinni wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message
oups.com...
Major auto parts manufacturer Delphi, already working under chapter 11
bankruptcy, wants to cut thousands of $27/hr jobs and replace them

with
$12/hr jobs, doing the same thing! More jobs for the Mexicans, I
guess.

I'm sorry I must have missed the ASTRONOMY portion of this post. Could

you
point it out for me???

Results 1 - 10 of about 693,000 for "general motors" nasa. (0.28
seconds)

Good man!

I was only taking up from Double-A's lead, HJ.

;-)

Does it also mean that, as GM goes, so goes NASA?

Having written this has set me off on a bit of wondering ...

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg...._it_fra130.jpg

Caption:

U.S. actor Tom Cruise talks to Swiss television host Michelle Hunziker
during the television show 'Wetten Dass..?' ...in the eastern German
city of Halle Saturday April 1, 2006. For the 162nd time Gottschalk
presented 'Wetten dass..?', one of Europe's most successful game shows.
(AP Photo/Tobias Schwarz, Pool)

Cordially,

RL

Old April 5th 06, 02:23 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.kookologist.art-deco

wrote:
Raving Loonie wrote in message
oups.com...

John Zinni wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message
oups.com...
Major auto parts manufacturer Delphi, already working under

chapter 11
bankruptcy, wants to cut thousands of $27/hr jobs and replace them

with
$12/hr jobs, doing the same thing! More jobs for the Mexicans, I
guess.

I'm sorry I must have missed the ASTRONOMY portion of this post.

Could
you
point it out for me???
Results 1 - 10 of about 693,000 for "general motors" nasa. (0.28
seconds)

Good man!

I was only taking up from Double-A's lead, HJ.

;-)

You're a "Guardian Angel" to those oppressed by the dreaded "Cult Of
Farts"!
Carry on,
H.J.

Old April 5th 06, 02:43 PM posted to alt.astronomy

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Double-A Toyota has 7 plants here,and what do they pay their American
workers?

Toyota's California pay scale:

TOYOTA openings for Machine Operators - Labor Workers $18.25 plus
"CORESTAFF SERVICES is recruiting for ALL MANUFACTURING DEPARTMENTS at
TOYOTA PLANT IN LONG BEACH, call for your appointment today at
562-420-7616 TOYOTA Immediate Openings Vehicle Assembly - Machine"

Toyota's West Virginia pay scale (not so good):

Job Title: Production Workers for Toyota in Buffalo, WV
Primary Skills: assembly; manufacturing; production; machining
Job Industry: Manufacturing
Vacancies: 25
Salary: $11.6/HOURLY To $11.6/HOURLY
Hours per Week: 40

Time mag about three weeks ago had a woman that worked for
Ford holding her first,and last retirement check. It was for $47 .
Ford stole her retirement money.

It just got transferred into Bill Ford's retirement fund.

Big business has Wal-Mart as its
champion. They are Robin Hoods in reverse. "They steal from the poor,and
keep it" Trebert

Yes, Wal-Mart is setting a fine example for other corporations to
follow.

The people in my area didn't want a Wal-Mart here and kept it out. But
it takes a lot of guts to stand up in a public meeting and speak out
against a Wal-Mart siting, because Wal-Mart will sue anyone who
publicly says anything negative about them.

Double-A

Old April 5th 06, 03:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
Double-A Toyota has 7 plants here,and what do they pay their American
workers? Time mag about three weeks ago had a woman that worked for
Ford holding her first,and last retirement check. It was for $47 .
Ford stole her retirement money. Big business has Wal-Mart as its
champion. They are Robin Hoods in reverse. "They steal from the poor,and
keep it" Trebert

A game that Toyota has played over the years is to buy parts for their
American assembly operations from their Japanese parts plants at
jacked-up prices, so that when tax time came, the American division
would be showing no profit, and unlike Ford and GM, they would pay no
U.S. income tax!

The IRS has tried to do something about this loophole, to ensure that
parts a company is selling to itself are fairly priced, but I don't
know how successful they have been.

Double-A