Mysterious signals from 1000 light years away

Old September 30th 04, 12:18 AM
edens morgan mair fheal greykitten tomys des anges

P.S. Asking me to give proof that something does not exist is a logical
fallacy.

another idiot attempting to be logical

i hate to break it to you
but somethings can be proven not to exist
and this can be very important

How would you do that?

why not state the issue correctly

the burden of proof of a statement
lies on the person making the statement

whether the statement is negative existential
is irrelevant to the metalogical requirements

arf meow arf
Old September 30th 04, 01:01 AM
Dan Bloomquist

edens morgan mair fheal greykitten tomys des anges wrote:
P.S. Asking me to give proof that something does not exist is a logical
fallacy.

another idiot attempting to be logical

i hate to break it to you
but somethings can be proven not to exist
and this can be very important

How would you do that?

why not state the issue correctly

the burden of proof of a statement
lies on the person making the statement

Ok, you made the statement, 'somethings can be proven not to exist.'

whether the statement is negative existential
is irrelevant to the metalogical requirements

That's acceptable. Is it a correction to your first claim?

arf meow arf

Best, Dan.

--
http://lakeweb.net
http://ReserveAnalyst.com

Old September 30th 04, 06:37 AM
Paul Lawler

edens morgan mair fheal greykitten tomys des anges
wrote in
:

P.S. Asking me to give proof that something does not exist is a
logical fallacy.

another idiot attempting to be logical

i hate to break it to you
but somethings can be proven not to exist
and this can be very important

How would you do that?

why not state the issue correctly

the burden of proof of a statement
lies on the person making the statement

whether the statement is negative existential
is irrelevant to the metalogical requirements

Ah yes... but if you recall the original statement was be EvoBob saying
that the existence of extraterrestrial life was "obvious" to anyone. I
challenged him to prove that there is extraterrestrial life, and he
responded with, "prove there is not." The burden of proof remains with
him.
Old September 30th 04, 06:51 AM
edens morgan mair fheal greykitten tomys des anges

In article . 201,
Paul Lawler wrote:

[...]

confusing levels of discourse is not being logical
especially when you dont even realize the different levels

arf meow arf
Old September 30th 04, 07:11 AM
One

edens morgan mair fheal greykitten tomys des anges

hey, is this devil talk?

_______
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo"http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo/A

Old September 30th 04, 07:14 AM
One

O dear.
Here's the nut:
It's all neurolingistic programing.
Devil Language!
Mum, Dad, Hush!
Take me home.
How's my pup?
_______

Old September 30th 04, 07:20 AM
One

especially when you dont even realize the different levels

arf meow arf

Is the multiplex disco open yet?
*What to wear. O woe*

*Snap*

_______

Old September 30th 04, 07:28 AM
One

arf meow arf

Is the multiplex disco open yet?
*What to wear. O woe*

*Snap*

O look!
I'm suspended in mid-air!

*Snap*

_______

Old September 30th 04, 08:23 AM
Thomas Lee Elifritz

September 30, 2004

edens morgan mair fheal greykitten tomys des anges wrote:

Paul Lawler wrote:

wrote in

[...]

Idjits arguing, I just love usenet science.

It has very little to do with 'proof'. Educate yourself idhts.

http://www.av8n.com/physics/

Proof is mathematical, science is demonstrative.

It has to do with 'evidence' and the totality of scientific evidence clearly
indicates that ET is far more probable, nearly infinitely more probable, than
NO ET.

It appears that it is human intelligence on the Planet Earth that seems to be
in such short supply.

The evidential basis lies with the claim, not the claimant.

Thomas Lee Elifritz
http://elifritz.members.atlantic.net