Shuttle launch scrubbed

Old July 13th 05, 07:02 PM
Ray Vingnutte

Default Shuttle launch scrubbed

At least for today it seems, crew taken off. Looks like a faulty fuel
sensor. Sorry no link as taken straight from Nasa Tv live.

Old July 13th 05, 08:10 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Ray Like I've posted the Discovery will not fly 7/13 Funny part is
NASA picked this date,and time of day so the weather would be the reason
for scrubbing. Laughing because they did not luck out,and the weather
even surprised me. Well reality is its scrubbed. Could be an electrical
sensor with its fine wire and tiny connections could have shorted out
with all the moisture(it fits) Electricity does not like water,and
Florida is a Russian steam bath. November 15 Florida has
weather that can be predicted good for flying. 11am is the best part of
the day. Had NASA given me the job to look over its shoulder I could
have saved it millions of bucks. They now have time to look into
"barnacle glue',and make new heat tiles. Best to realize stuff gets
brittle with age. All is well "The Discovery did not fly" It now has a
roof over its head to protect it humidity,Sun's radiations,rain,and
possibly Emily. The mother of two can go to Disney World with her
children. Even get pregnant,and live "Happily ever after" I like
that Beert

Old July 13th 05, 08:45 PM
Ray Vingnutte

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:10:26 -0400
(G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:

[...]

Hi Bert, there is a news conference on Nasa Tv at 16:30 EST for an
update of whats happening. Doesn't sound too serious a fault though but
will have to see. Yeah I kept looking at those clouds and they looked
rather bleak.

I watched as they strapped the crew in and wondered how the hell seven
people, in suits that may well have pressurized thus making it awkward
and difficult to move quickly get to that hatch and get out with their
parachutes(already on). If anything happened and the shuttle was
tumbling out of the sky I really cant see them getting out.

Old July 13th 05, 10:16 PM
Ray Vingnutte

Oh well it does sound serious then. Saturday seems to be the earliest
launch possibility now though that seems far from certain. Would seem to
depend if they need to get inside the main fuel tank, apparently that
has never been done on the launch pad and may need to be returned to the
assembly building in which case it'll probably be September launch
though no one said that last bit ;-)
Old July 13th 05, 10:33 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Ray Using a pole to slide down to get out of the cabin would make
an 8 year old blush if he came up with that idea. NASA liked the Dean
Martin show,and that's how they came up with the brass pole. Lots of
real good engineering ways could work,but NASA knows it will cost big
bucks,and that can hurt them in their money belt. Got billions over the
past 2 and a half years to make Discovery safe,and Discovery sitting on
its pad showed us nothing was spent on its weakest part the heat tiles.
It will not fly this Saturday,or even the month of August. Discovery is
not going to fly,as long as NASA keeps getting billion of bucks each
year under the pretense they are making it safer. Reality is the older
Discovery gets the weaker it gets. All the money in the world can't
make a lump of crap into a scoop of chocolate ice cream. Beert

Old July 14th 05, 01:05 AM
nightbat

nightbat wrote

Ray Vingnutte wrote:

Oh well it does sound serious then. Saturday seems to be the earliest
launch possibility now though that seems far from certain. Would seem to
depend if they need to get inside the main fuel tank, apparently that
has never been done on the launch pad and may need to be returned to the
assembly building in which case it'll probably be September launch
though no one said that last bit ;-)

nightbat

Finally some more good news Officer Ray for that mother of two.
Well Officer Bert you got your wish and the mother astronaut has been
grounded for at least a few days. (:~)

Time for some light hearted jokes

One mouse tells her girlfriend she dates a bat...
- What is this "thing" you are dating?
- It's a bat - It's a mouse with wings!
- But he is so ugly!
- Well, yes. But he is a pilot!

Area 51

Late one afternoon, the Air Force guys out at Area
51 are surprised to see a Cessna landing at their "secret" base. They
immediately impound the aircraft and haul the pilot into an
interrogation room. The pilots story is that he took off out of Vegas,
got lost and found the base just as he was about to run out of fuel.
They Air Force starts a full FBI background check on the guy and hold
him overnight. The next day they are finally convinced that the guy
really was lost and is not a spy. They gas up his airplane, give him a
terrifying "you did not see a base" briefing complete with threats of
spending the rest of his life in prison. They say Vegas is that-a-way on
this heading and send him off.

The next day, here comes the Cessna again. Once
again the MPs surround the plane, only this time there are two people in
the plane. The same pilot jumps out and says" do anything you want to
me, but my wife is in the plane and you have to tell her where I was
last night....."

Military Bravery

One day, a general of the Army, an Admiral, and an
Air Force General are having an argument about whose branch of the
military is braver. So the Admiral yells to a passing Sailor, "Sailor,
catch that falling anchor!" The Sailor snaps to attention, shouts, "Yes,
sir!", runs under the anchor, and is crushed to death trying to catch
it. The Admiral turns to the others and says "Gentlemen, that was
bravery." The Army General says, "That's nothing," and yells, "Private,
stop that moving tank!" The Private snaps to attention, shouts "Yes,
sir!" and is crushed under the tank while trying to stop it. The Army
General turns back to the others and says, "Gentlemen, that took guts."
Finally, the Air Force General takes his turn. "Airman, catch that
landing plane." The Airman snaps to attention and shouts "F*ck you,sir."
The Air Force General turns to the others and`says, "Gentlemen, that
took balls."

What do you have when you've got ten F-14s in the air at the same time?
One hell of a maintainance team!

Don't hurry!

During a routine airline flight from Cape town to
Johannesburg the captain puts the mike down after he is done with the
passenger briefing, button jammed to the on position. He leans back
comfortably in his seat and exclaims " I'm first gonna have a cup of
coffee and then I'm gonna f**k that cute flight attendant." The
passengers of course heard everything and burst into laughter, and the
chief flight attendant who was at the back runs forward to warn the
captain. Unfortunately she trips and falls on her face. And as she tries
to get up an elderly female passenger leans over and whispers:" Don't be
in such a hurry child he said he's gonna have a cup of coffee first!!!"

Who's that guy?

This guy dies and goes to heaven. When he gets there the
lines stretches from where he is standing (the back) out of view for
miles. He stands in line for hours, without it moving. Hours turn into
days but the line has still not moves. He gets out of line and walks to
the front where he finds Saint Peter. "Saint Peter," he says "How come I
have to stand in this line. I was a good man all of my life, I followed
the Commandments, I went to church, how come I can't just get into
Heaven?" "Sorry," says Peter "But there are so many people entering
heaven these days that is takes months to check everyone out. You are
just going to have to wait your turn." The man turns to head back to the
end of the line when he sees a man dressed in a flight suit walking up
to the gate. His boots are shined as bright as mirrors, his flight suit
is pressed and impecible, and his captain's bars shine on his flight cap
like the sun. He walks right up to the gate, throws Peter a salute, and
strolls on in. "What's the deal with that guy, why does he get to skip
line and walk right in?" asked the man. "Oh, that's just God. He likes
to pretend he's an Air Force pilot." says Peter.

pAEROdox
It doesn't make sense: You're flying at 500 mph, 30,0000 feet in
the air, and the pilot tells you to feel free to roam around the plane.
But when you're on the ground, taxiing to the gate at one mph, he tells
you to remain seated for your safety.

Hot-Shot Pilot

A young guy in an F-14 fighter was flying escort for a
B-52 and generally being a nuisance, acting like a hotdog, flying rolls
around the lumbering old bomber. The hotdog said over the air, "Anything
you can do, I can do better." The veteran bomber pilot answered, "Try
this hot-shot." The B-52 continued its flight, straight and level.
Perplexed, the hotdog asked, "So? What did you do?" "I just shut down
two engines, kid."

****!

An Army grunt stands in the rain with a 35 lb. pack on his back, 15
lb. weapon in hand, after marching 12 miles, and says "God, this is
****."
An Army Airborne grunt stands in the rain with a 45 lb. pack on his
back weapon in hand, after jumping from an airplane and marching 18
miles, and says with a smile "God, this is THE ****."

An Army Airborne Ranger lies in the mud, 55 lb. pack on his back,
weapon in hand, after jumping from a plane into the swamp and marching
25 miles at night past the enemy, and says with a grin, "God, I LOVE
this ****!"

An Army Green Beret, Airborne/Ranger/Pathfinder qualified, kneels
up to his nose in the stinking, infested mud of a swamp with a 65 lb.
pack on his back and a weapon in both hands after jumping from an
airplane into the ocean, swimming 10 miles to the swamp and killing an
alligator, then crawling 30 miles through the brush to assault the enemy
camp. He says with a passionate snarl, "God, Gimmee Some MORE of this
****!"

An Air Force cadet sits in an easy chair in his air-conditioned,
carpeted room and says, "The cable's out? What kind of **** is that?!?"

Damn Fokkers!

A reporter was interviewing an old Scandinavian fighter
pilot, asking him how it was in the war. "Vell," said the old guy, "vee
used to fly up dere and dogfight dem Krauts. Ya, vee used to shoot dem
German fokkers outta da sky."

"For the benefit of our viewers," interrupted the reporter, "we should
explain that the term 'fokker' refers to a specific type of German
fighter plane."

"Vell ya," said the old Scandianvian pilot, "but those fokkers were
Messerschmitt's."

Repeat after me

Pilot to tower . . . pilot to tower . . . I am 300 miles
from land . . . 600 feet over water . . . and running out of fuel . . .
please instruct!
Tower to pilot . . . tower to pilot . . . repeat after
me: "Our Father, which art in heaven . . ."

Airliner: Approach, what's this aircraft doing at my altitude?
Approach: What makes you think it's YOUR altitude, Captain?

Thanks to Aviation Humor Copyright © 1996-2005 Lieven Dewitte and
Stefaan Vanhastel

carry on,
the nightbat
Old July 14th 05, 02:45 AM
Michael Baldwin Bruce

frootbat wrote:
nightbat wrote

Ray Vingnutte wrote:

Oh well it does sound serious then. Saturday seems to be the earliest
launch possibility now though that seems far from certain. Would seem to
depend if they need to get inside the main fuel tank, apparently that
has never been done on the launch pad and may need to be returned to the
assembly building in which case it'll probably be September launch
though no one said that last bit ;-)

nightbat

Finally some more good news Officer Ray for that mother of two.
Well Officer Bert you got your wish and the mother astronaut has been
grounded for at least a few days. (:~)

So Darla won't be coming any time soon, frootloop?

Time for some light hearted jokes

One mouse tells her girlfriend she dates a bat...
- What is this "thing" you are dating?
- It's a bat - It's a mouse with wings!
- But he is so ugly!
- Well, yes. But he is a pilot!

Frootloop's sexual fantasy.

Area 51

[Insert coffee boy lame here]

carry on,
the nightbat

Old July 14th 05, 03:16 AM
Art Deco

Michael Baldwin Bruce wrote:

frootbat wrote:
nightbat wrote

Ray Vingnutte wrote:

Oh well it does sound serious then. Saturday seems to be the earliest
launch possibility now though that seems far from certain. Would seem to
depend if they need to get inside the main fuel tank, apparently that
has never been done on the launch pad and may need to be returned to the
assembly building in which case it'll probably be September launch
though no one said that last bit ;-)

nightbat

Finally some more good news Officer Ray for that mother of two.
Well Officer Bert you got your wish and the mother astronaut has been
grounded for at least a few days. (:~)

So Darla won't be coming any time soon, frootloop?

Doesn't matter, he's still waiting for coffee, Bruce.

Time for some light hearted jokes

One mouse tells her girlfriend she dates a bat...
- What is this "thing" you are dating?
- It's a bat - It's a mouse with wings!
- But he is so ugly!
- Well, yes. But he is a pilot!

Frootloop's sexual fantasy.

The saucerheads all like to parade their fantasies on usenet, Bruce.

Area 51

[Insert coffee boy lame here]

[Insert coffee boy lame here]

carry on,
the nightbat

Kook on, frootbatty.

--
Official Associate AFA-B Vote Rustler

"It's less a process of "convertion" it's about the reality of matter and
energy (all 8 [!] kinds of matter) ... and yes, that's how "they do it".
We {aliens} call it phase-tuning or simply phase-ing.
And no, you will have to find it out all by yourself. And yes, we
{aliens} will make sure your technical advancement will no longer be
faster than your spiritual one ... we'd rather let you perish on this
planet. That's a promise, you monkey-fu*kers.
HTH.
C."
-- Charles D. "Chuckweasel" Bohne's award-winning alien technology

"That's what you expect from people who think that the
cyberworld isn't "RL"."
-- Dr. David Tholen, Psychic Astrologer
Old July 14th 05, 09:07 AM
Michael Baldwin Bruce

Bruce AKA Art Deco wrote:
Michael Baldwin Bruce wrote:

frootbat wrote:
nightbat wrote

Ray Vingnutte wrote:

Oh well it does sound serious then. Saturday seems to be the earliest
launch possibility now though that seems far from certain. Would seem to
depend if they need to get inside the main fuel tank, apparently that
has never been done on the launch pad and may need to be returned to the
assembly building in which case it'll probably be September launch
though no one said that last bit ;-)

nightbat

Finally some more good news Officer Ray for that mother of two.
Well Officer Bert you got your wish and the mother astronaut has been
grounded for at least a few days. (:~)

So Darla won't be coming any time soon, frootloop?

Doesn't matter, he's still waiting for coffee, Bruce.

Huh?!? They make her bring the coffee, Bruce? Mustn't be espresso.

Time for some light hearted jokes

One mouse tells her girlfriend she dates a bat...
- What is this "thing" you are dating?
- It's a bat - It's a mouse with wings!
- But he is so ugly!
- Well, yes. But he is a pilot!

Frootloop's sexual fantasy.

The saucerheads all like to parade their fantasies on usenet, Bruce.

Indeed, Bruce. Its what comes from have telescopes stuck to their heads
so that they look like dickheads.

Area 51

[Insert coffee boy lame here]

[Insert coffee boy lame here]

[Insert coffee boy lame here]

carry on,
the nightbat

Kook on, frootbatty.

Carry bag full of frootloops.

Old July 14th 05, 12:46 PM
Double-A

Bruce AKA Art Deco wrote:
Michael Baldwin Bruce wrote:

frootbat wrote:
nightbat wrote

Ray Vingnutte wrote:

[...]

It's a good thing the Shuttle launch is scrubbed, Bruce.

Now it's all washed up, just like NASA!

[insert outback sheep station lame here}

Double-A