Pictures of Ed Lu's Fiancee?

Old July 17th 03, 09:41 PM
James Oberg

Default Pictures of Ed Lu's Fiancee?

Ed Lu's intended bride was at his launch -- were there any good photos on
line?

Do you suppose Malenchenko's intended was also there, but not identified?

Old July 17th 03, 11:44 PM
Dave Fowler

Jim,

Go to:
http://www.energia.ru/energia/iss/is...oto_04-26.html

Click on the group photo at the bottom for pictures of the future Mrs
Malenchenko, and the (very cute) future Mrs. Lu.

Dave

Old July 18th 03, 06:15 AM
Thomas Former

"Dave Fowler" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Jim,

Go to:
http://www.energia.ru/energia/iss/is...oto_04-26.html

Click on the group photo at the bottom for pictures of the future Mrs
Malenchenko,

It's Valentina Tereshkova, the first woman in space.

Old July 18th 03, 01:40 PM
Andy

Do you suppose Malenchenko's intended was also there, but not identified?

No, she was not. Two reasons: NASA doesn't pay for fiancees to attend launches
in Russia; they will assist with organizing logistics but they don't put out
the cash like they would for wives. Ed's fiancee had big problems with that,
but she ponied up the $$ to go anyway.

Yuri did not want Kat at the launch (it's a Russian thing.). She watched it
from MCC-Houston (well, part of it, I think she missed the first three minutes
or so).

Andy

"Gee, I thought we'd be a lot higher at MECO!"
[Steve Hawley, STS 41-D pad abort, 1984]

Old July 18th 03, 04:09 PM
SMS ;-\).

just look at:
http://www.energia.ru/energia/iss/is...o_04-25-03.jpg

SMS ;-).

Old July 18th 03, 11:39 PM
Craig Fink

If the Russians wanted to have another true first, they would offer the
third seat in the next Soyuz to Ekaterina so that they can get married in
space and have a week long Honeymoon onboard the Space Station. It might
even help their space tourist trade.

The ultimate wedding and honeymoon.

Craig Fink

Craig Fink wrote:

Dave Fowler wrote:

Jim,

Go to:
http://www.energia.ru/energia/iss/is...oto_04-26.html

Click on the group photo at the bottom for pictures of the future Mrs
Malenchenko, and the (very cute) future Mrs. Lu.

Dave

The picture of the woman in the group photo looks more like his Mom than
the pictures of Ekaterina Dmitriev on page 1 and 14 of the Houston
Chronicle. The editors of the Houston Chronicle choose to run
the MOST unflattering picture taken by the photographer that day on the
front page. You can almost count her fillings. But, on Page 14 there is a
really good picture of the marriage license, with a very cute Ekaterina in
the background. It's not the best picture of Ekaterina either, as the
marriage license is covering part of her face.

I guess some people in the media haven't uncrossed their eyes long enough
to realize the "Cold War" ended more than a decade ago.

Craig Fink

Old July 19th 03, 07:32 AM
SMS ;-\).

back to topic
http://www.msnbc.com/news/940767.asp

regards,
SMS ;-).

Old July 19th 03, 05:00 PM
OM

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 08:32:30 +0200, "SMS ;-\)." wrote:

back to topic
http://www.msnbc.com/news/940767.asp

....Damn, you had me scared for a minute that this was going to be
another stab at Rhonda ;-)

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr