Which ToUcam to get???

Old April 26th 04, 03:55 PM
Stuart Turrell

Default Which ToUcam to get???

Toucam pro 740k was meant to be the best of the bunch, i am not sure where
to toucam pro 2 fits in.

If it is better, i noticed currys sell them at the moment.

Stuart

Old April 26th 04, 08:40 PM
Eddie H

Guys,

I have a PCVC 840 K.
This was bought from Amazon.co.uk 60.00

Theimages are stunning on live link up and stacking. Planetary detail
is great aswell as the moon. It is a Toucam Pro II.

All this mumbo about not running over 5 mtrs of USB cable, well I
run 8. The quality is 100%.

Just my 2p worth

Eddie H
Old April 26th 04, 09:24 PM
Jeroen Smaal

"Stuart Turrell" wrote in message
i am on a non binary news server. only text i am affraid as i, well my mum
is on bt broadband.

anyone tell me a news server, that includes email account and of course
binary groups they can reccommend?

Try MySky:

http://www.mysky.org/mysky/

Not a news server, but they cache all of the alt.binaries.pictures.astro
images.

Jeroen.

Old April 27th 04, 01:19 PM
Graham W

"Eddie H" wrote in message
om...
Guys,

I have a PCVC 840 K.
This was bought from Amazon.co.uk 60.00

Theimages are stunning on live link up and stacking. Planetary detail
is great aswell as the moon. It is a Toucam Pro II.

All this mumbo about not running over 5 mtrs of USB cable, well I
run 8. The quality is 100%.

Well, they would be - else you'd be asking why you weren't able to
get any images into the computer! Being a digital transmission
system it is very unlikely to degrade the image itself. What you may
experience as the operational limit is approached is a slow down
of the transfer speed where packets are being re-sent because of
checksum errors.

TouCam video capture for Lunar Eclipse - need your tips Chotechai Amateur Astronomy 1 May 3rd 04 08:53 AM
SAC IV or ToUcam? Charles C. CCD Imaging 1 May 1st 04 06:34 PM
Toucam Pro direct to Minidv handycam Chotechai Amateur Astronomy 6 March 27th 04 10:53 PM
Toucam pro? Pete Lawrence UK Astronomy 5 March 21st 04 05:41 PM
Toucam availability Pete Lawrence UK Astronomy 8 September 25th 03 11:25 AM