FWD: Americans In Orbit-50 Years Announces Plans To Re-Create 1962 John Glenn Space Flight

Old January 23rd 08, 04:38 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
OM[_6_]

Default FWD: Americans In Orbit-50 Years Announces Plans To Re-Create 1962 John Glenn Space Flight

....With everyone responding to the trolling scum, I'm not surprised
that nobody's commented on this before now:

http://www.space-travel.com/reports/...light_999.html

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old January 23rd 08, 05:21 PM posted to sci.space.history, sci.space.policy
John[_3_]

http://www.space-travel.com/reports/...50_Years_Annou...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * OM
--
* *]=====================================[
* *] * OMBlog -http://www.io.com/~o_m/omworld* [
* *] * * * *Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* * * * * [
* *] * * * * *an obnoxious opinion in your day! * * * * * [
* *]=====================================[

Oh dang OM . . . this could be a fun thread if it gets picked up.

Wonder what the cost will be to do some approximation of man-rating
the Faclon 9 launch vehicle. No, I am not picking on Falcon; back in
the day, Atlas had issues as well.

Can't help but wonder what they have in mind for "an improved Mercury
capsule."

take care all . . .

John

Old January 23rd 08, 05:22 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:38:02 -0600, in a place far, far away, OM
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

...With everyone responding to the trolling scum, I'm not surprised
that nobody's commented on this before now:

http://www.space-travel.com/reports/...light_999.html

I can sure think of lots better uses of the money.
Old January 23rd 08, 06:49 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

John wrote:

Wonder what the cost will be to do some approximation of man-rating
the Faclon 9 launch vehicle. No, I am not picking on Falcon; back in
the day, Atlas had issues as well.

Hell, I'd be satisfied if they monkey-rated the Falcon 1. :-)

Pat

Old January 23rd 08, 06:58 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
kT

OM wrote:

...With everyone responding to the trolling scum, I'm not surprised
that nobody's commented on this before now:

http://www.space-travel.com/reports/...light_999.html

As usual, Americans want to relive their past failures.
Old January 23rd 08, 07:00 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:
...With everyone responding to the trolling scum, I'm not surprised
that nobody's commented on this before now:

I still think they should have strapped Glenn into a replica Mercury
capsule in the cargo bay during his Shuttle flight. :-)

Pat
Old January 24th 08, 02:39 AM posted to sci.space.history, sci.space.policy
Scott M. Kozel[_2_]

OM wrote:

...With everyone responding to the trolling scum, I'm not surprised
that nobody's commented on this before now:
http://www.space-travel.com/reports/...50_Years_Annou...

How much would that cost? If they're going to do that in 2012, how
about recreating Apollo 11 in 2019?

Old January 24th 08, 03:05 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:39:29 -0800 (PST), in a place far, far away,
"Scott M. Kozel" made the phosphor on my monitor

OM wrote:

...With everyone responding to the trolling scum, I'm not surprised
that nobody's commented on this before now:
http://www.space-travel.com/reports/...50_Years_Annou...

How much would that cost?

They're estimating about thirty million. As I said, I could think of
better uses for the money.
Old January 24th 08, 03:58 PM posted to sci.space.history, sci.space.policy
Eric Chomko[_2_]

OM wrote:

...With everyone responding to the trolling scum, I'm not surprised
that nobody's commented on this before now:
http://www.space-travel.com/reports/...50_Years_Annou...

How much would that cost?

They're estimating about thirty million. *As I said, I could think of
better uses for the money.

Yeah, so could Bush...

http://www.nationalpriorities.org/costofwar_home

According to the site we spend $275 million per day. So $30 million is
the same as the the cost of the war for 2 hours and 37 minutes.

Hell we'd have to call off the war for nearly three hours to recreate
that expensive space project!
Old January 25th 08, 03:50 AM posted to sci.space.history, sci.space.policy
eyeball

On Jan 23, 1:58 pm, kT incoherently blathered:
http://home.wamego.net/jaeklund/images/Douche.jpg