SpaceX launch going nicely.

Old January 14th 17, 07:15 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default SpaceX launch going nicely.

From what I've seen so far, the SpaceX launch today is going nicely.
First stage successfully landed on the barge. This is a first for the
Vandenberg barge: Just Read the Instructions.

Second stage made it to parking orbit. Right now is a long coasting
period before second stage two performs another burn.

Jeff

---

Old January 17th 17, 08:21 AM posted to sci.space.policy
snidely

Just this Monday, Snidely puzzled about:
Lo, on the 1/15/2017, Snidely did proclaim ...
Jeff Findley explained on 1/14/2017 :
In article ,
says...

From what I've seen so far, the SpaceX launch today is going nicely.
First stage successfully landed on the barge. This is a first for the
Vandenberg barge: Just Read the Instructions.

Second stage made it to parking orbit. Right now is a long coasting
period before second stage two performs another burn.

10 out of 10 on the "Iridium Next" satellite deployments.

Congrats to SpaceX on a successful return to flight!

Brian's email reported good visibility up through stage separation.

From Brian Webb's report:

" Following stage 1/2 separation, the shapes of both stages and the widening
gap between the stages were visible through the binoculars."

The next issue of Launch Alerts had several reports, most from the coast but
also ranging from Mission Viejo to Palo Alto (contrail only for both). I
was behind schedule and a closed door at the time, and an hour later I failed
to look for any remnants of the contrail as I left (from just north of
Mission Viejo).

For those not having seen Launch Alerts for a while, Brian's web site
for the mailing list is
http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/launch-alert. He tracks the
public information about launches from Vandenberg, and often includes
launch observations as he did in this case.

/dps

--
"I am not given to exaggeration, and when I say a thing I mean it"
_Roughing It_, Mark Twain
Old January 17th 17, 12:17 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

In article mn.85797e116f27ced4.127094@snitoo,
says...

For those not having seen Launch Alerts for a while, Brian's web site
for the mailing list is
http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/launch-alert. He tracks the
public information about launches from Vandenberg, and often includes
launch observations as he did in this case.

Thanks for the info. Subscribed.

Jeff

---