Never mind the Phobos-Grunt, we're the Venera-D

Old October 15th 09, 03:18 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default Never mind the Phobos-Grunt, we're the Venera-D

More entry capsules than you can shake a stick at...if that's your idea
of a good time:http://www.russianspaceweb.com/venera_d.html

Pat
Old October 15th 09, 11:57 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
BradGuth

On Oct 15, 7:18*am, Pat Flannery wrote:
More entry capsules than you can shake a stick at...if that's your idea
of a good time:http://www.russianspaceweb.com/venera_d.html

Pat

At least their primary infomercial simulation image includes a few
stars along with the vibrant planet Venus, as should easily be the
case with modern CCD imagers and their terrific DR(dynamic range) that
far exceeds photographic film.

There's also a few NASA team derived alternatives for doing Venus by
various atmospheric vessels as well as surface/ground covering
robotics, although I've never heard from any of these folks that
obviously need to spend most of their public funded time with damage-
control tactics, of covering their butts and subsequent job and nifty
benefit security factors (doesn't leave much time or resources for
their R&D of specific missions)

~ BG
Old October 17th 09, 01:41 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Pat Flannery wrote:
One of the upper stages on the current Proton to put satellites into GEO
got stated as the descent stage of the type of lunar lander that put
Lunokhod onto the Moon's surface and IIRC, some stage related to the
canceled LK manned Moon lander is out there also.

Let me correct that; the Soyuz satellite launcher variant is the one
with the unmanned lunar lander-derived engine (Fregat).
I think Proton is the one that carries the LK-derived stage.

Pat