Philips SPC900NC fix

Old August 20th 12, 12:54 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Paul D Smith

Default Philips SPC900NC fix

Would not have passed final testing , like that, at production. Probably
close but seaparate solder joints that would have passed final tests, that
over time bridged with tin-whiskers.

Any idea of date of production ?

Not sure - is there a way to tell?

, if later than 2006 then much more likely
tin-whisker growing conditions. Although aerospace is a derogated
industry,
outside of Wee/RoHS and can use proper solder, astronomical telescopes
would not be covered by that derogation.