STS-130 cupola question

Old February 9th 10, 04:59 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Jeff Findley

Default STS-130 cupola question

"David Spain" wrote in message
"Jorge R. Frank" writes:

Good question. I know it's not alcohol. There was a presentation a few
years
ago on "ISS alcohol ban" and I read it thinking it was the drinking kind,
but
it was the cleaning kind. But for the life of me, I don't know what the
"approved" glass cleaners on ISS are.

I found this: QC5020...

http://www.andersonsanitary.com/msds.html

Which links to this under link called: QC5020 Class Cleaner for Space
Station

http://www.andersonsanitary.com/MSDS...ss_Cleaner.pdf

also an easier-to-read version about this on QC5020:

http://www.midlab.com/midlab/images/...912-502000.pdf

Appearance: Blue liquid with a faint alcohol odor and subtle floral scent.

?

Sounds like Windex brand glass cleaner to me.

Jeff
--
"Take heart amid the deepening gloom
that your dog is finally getting enough cheese" - Deteriorata - National

Old February 9th 10, 09:09 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Jeff Findley wrote:

Appearance: Blue liquid with a faint alcohol odor and subtle floral scent.

?

Sounds like Windex brand glass cleaner to me.

Shhh...you tell them that and they won't be able to charge NASA $1,000 a
bottle for it anymore.

Pat
Old February 10th 10, 01:52 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
David Spain

Pat Flannery writes:

Jeff Findley wrote:
Sounds like Windex brand glass cleaner to me.

Shhh...you tell them that and they won't be able to charge NASA $1,000 a
bottle for it anymore.

Hmm, the closest to a branding I could get for this product by reference to
QC5020 was something called Maxim(R) Glass Cleaner Concentrate:

http://tinyurl.com/yzjgwt6

But who knows, on the Bigelow Transhab the same stuff might be called
Windex(tm). OTOH you buy enough of this stuff in bulk and I'll bet you
can get a better price than $1,000 bottle, but then you can't use it as
a floor wax, or a dessert toping, or as an after-dinner apartif, either...

That floral scent is what makes it that way, if you went for the Yak
dropping scent you'd get it for a whole lot less...

;-)

Dave

Cupola Module David Space Shuttle 2 October 27th 04 03:19 PM
Cupola update Jim Kingdon Space Station 17 October 15th 04 04:30 PM
Completion of the cupola observation module Jens Roser Space Station 7 September 5th 04 12:21 AM
Completion of the cupola observation module Jacques van Oene Space Station 0 August 30th 04 09:07 PM