Whatever happened to MCS?

Old October 29th 06, 12:52 PM posted to sci.space.history
David Findlay

Default Whatever happened to MCS?

What happened with David Sander's Man Conquers Space project? Thanks,

David
Old October 30th 06, 01:39 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

David Findlay wrote:

What happened with David Sander's Man Conquers Space project? Thanks,

David

Last I heard (from a couple of months ago), the film was finished and he
was putting the soundtrack to it, but the music was taking longer than
expected to get right. He's having original music done for it.
The MCS homepage is he http://manconquersspace.com/
He owes me two bottles of Vegemite for my financial contribution to the
movie, but as its import has now been banned by the U.S. Government, I
am in a quandary.
I could have it sent to Canada, and then bring it back to the U.S. as
"prescription medicine" after crossing through the barbed-wire fences
and minefields at the border, or alternately bribe Paris Hilton to
smuggle it back in her drug-filled teddy bear after her next trip abroad.
And if anything's a broad, it's Paris. :-)

Pat
Old October 30th 06, 02:00 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Pat Flannery wrote:

I could have it sent to Canada, and then bring it back to the U.S. as
"prescription medicine"

Little did I know it actually is medicine:
http://www.vegemite.com.au/index.cfm...covery.welcome
Kraft Foods may have something here- if it can't be imported, is it time
for indigenous Vegemite production to start in the U.S.?
A conspiracy theory fan would realize what's going on here...Vegemite is
what "The X-Files" was getting at with their "Black Oil"- an alien
microorganism bent of the domination of Earth, that has cunningly
disguised itself as a sandwich spread so that deluded people may eat it
and then be controlled by it... its first command being for them to
start spreading the word of the wonders of Vegemite among their family,
friends, coworkers, and acquaintances.
So the question is...is the Vegemite ban an attempt by Majestic 12 to
stop its spread into the United States?
Or are the members of Majestic 12 under the control of the _other_ alien
microorganism...Marmite?
I'll bet you'd like to know the answer to that one, Mr. Findlay.
As well as what happened to that twin brother of yours that you don't
remember you once had.
The one whose mouth is now sewn shut.
But that's a little something we'll have to discuss at some other time.
A _very_ little something, as due to the time dilation effect, he's
still only two years old. :-)

The Cigarette Smoking Flan
Old October 30th 06, 07:38 AM posted to sci.space.history
Chuck Stewart

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 20:00:35 -0600, Pat Flannery wrote:

Those who are in the loop know that all Earthly efforts at
space travel are simply the result of Vegemite trying to
find its way back home.

"Man Conquers Space" tells the sttory of how that glorious
return could have happened much sooner if Ike hadn't been
allergic to yeast.

Of course the Marmite conspiracy is another matter entirely.

--
Chuck Stewart
"Anime-style catgirls: Threat? Menace? Or just studying algebra?"
Old October 30th 06, 08:36 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_4_]

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 19:39:03 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

Last I heard (from a couple of months ago), the film was finished and he
was putting the soundtrack to it, but the music was taking longer than
expected to get right. He's having original music done for it.

....You know, if he'd had hired Mark Mothersbaugh, the soundtrack would
not only have been finished by now, it would have been perfectly retro
for the film. On the other hand, we should be grateful he didn't hire
James Horner to do yet another recycling job.

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old October 30th 06, 08:37 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_4_]

wrote:

I could have it sent to Canada, and then bring it back to the U.S. as
"prescription medicine" after crossing through the barbed-wire fences
and minefields at the border, or alternately bribe Paris Hilton to
smuggle it back in her drug-filled teddy bear after her next trip abroad.
And if anything's a broad, it's Paris. :-)

....Quick: are there *any* religions that require Vegemite for their
rituals?

OM
--
]=====================================[
Old October 30th 06, 07:33 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Chuck Stewart wrote:

Of course the Marmite conspiracy is another matter entirely.

I was surprised to see that Vegemite was a knock-off of Marmite; I'd
assumed it was the other way around.
According to the Vegemite website, the means they used to finally get
Vegemite into the Australian consumer's diet was somewhat desperate...
buy Kraft Cheddar cheese, and free bottles of Vegemite come with it.
But food's food in the outback, and after a hardy meal of roast Death
Adder the Vegemite might be worth a try if for no other reason than the
Vitamin B might alleviate the hangover that will be coming after you
crack the twelfth bottle of "Lucky Sheila Stout- The Abo's Friend" with
your dust, sweat, and fly covered mates.
I had no idea that Kraft Cheese started in Australia, then came to the
U.S., but this explains some odd facts I wondered about, including why
the only reference I found to Colby cheese in a worldwide cheese history
book stated it came from Australia (Colby cheese is the traditional
Flannery family real cheese, served up on crackers with ketchup on it),
and who in God's name would come up with Velveeta "cheese" (the
traditional Flannery family unreal cheese, and the very basis of the
dread and holy Welsh Rarebit) other than someone like DuPont or Monsanto.
No, it would take a Aussie to invent that stuff, and call it "food".
And now:

"The Happy Little Vegemite Song
We are happy little Vegemites as bright as bright can be,
We all enjoy our Vegemite for breakfast, lunch and tea,
Our mummy says we're growing stronger every single week,
Because we love our Vegemite,
We all adore our Vegemite,
It puts a rose in every cheek!"

That last line makes me wonder if it puts roses in the lower pair of
cheeks also.
I imagine if your name is Bruce, it does.

G'day
Pat
Old October 30th 06, 07:40 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:

...You know, if he'd had hired Mark Mothersbaugh, the soundtrack would
not only have been finished by now, it would have been perfectly retro
for the film. On the other hand, we should be grateful he didn't hire
James Horner to do yet another recycling job.

Time to summon up the shade of Bernard Herrmann.
Alternately, start recording those short NASA documentaries on Project
Apollo, and extracting the weird ethereal music from them - that made it
sound like the astronauts were either going to literally fly up to
heaven, or get completely blasted on LSD.

Pat
Old October 30th 06, 07:47 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:

...Quick: are there *any* religions that require Vegemite for their
rituals?

I'll have to check with the department of theology from the University
of Wallamaloo.
I'll bet if there is, it's a church that doesn't let poofters be
members. :-)

Pat
Old October 31st 06, 12:48 PM posted to sci.space.history
Terrell Miller

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

OM wrote:

...Quick: are there *any* religions that require Vegemite for their
rituals?

I'll have to check with the department of theology from the University of
Wallamaloo.
I'll bet if there is, it's a church that doesn't let poofters be members.
:-)

NO Sixth Commandment!

--
Terrell Miller

"Just...take...the...****ing...flower...darlin g"
Terrell's dating style according to OKCupid.com