Venus for dummies (1.0) / Brad Guth (GuthVenus)

Old March 9th 13, 08:17 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,alt.news-media,alt.journalism
Brad Guth[_3_]

Default Venus for dummies (1.0) / Brad Guth (GuthVenus)

How long would it take for us humans to fully exploit and deplete
another planet or large moon?

Using Earth as an example, and knowing that only since the last ice-
age cycle abruptly terminated as of 11,712 years ago (as a timeline
starting-point), would suggest that at the outside most another planet
or moon could manage to survive our advances and fulfill our needs of
mass consumption is roughly 10,000 years. However, further
considering that we’ve only recently advanced our rate of
overpopulation and mass consumption with nearly total disregard as to
the environment and its biodiversity within the last thousand years,
as such might bring that off-world survival timeline down to a more
realistic span of a thousand years, or 50 generations before the
surface of any new planet or livable moon is systematically maximized
to death (assuming a similar composite surface and seasonal tilt as
Earth along with hosting numerous proxy wars).

This means we’ll not only need to discover and populate another
Goldilocks certified planet from time to time, but that other planets
and moons will have to be continually lined up as each new planet and
moon gets overpopulated and consumed by a infestation of humanity that
knows no bounds and has no remorse whatsoever for any consequences of
its actions.

Of course, if we’d just discovered a suitable other Earth 2.0 as of a
century ago, and of knowing what we can easily accomplish with our
existing bigotry, greed, insider trading and proxy wars, could easily
bring our next oligarch overlord dominated planet to its knees, as
traumatized past the point of no return within as little as a century
if the various faith-based and political rivals get to speculate,
insider trade and essentially do as they please regardless of whomever
we the republic elect or appoint.

Ideally, what we need to discover is a very large planet of 9800 km
radius with somewhat less density of perhaps averaging 3.5 g/cm3, so
that surface gravity is similar or somewhat less, and the surface area
is worth perhaps twice that of Earth, however for several reasons it
would be nice having at least twice as much atmospheric density.
Otherwise, each new planet or moon that’s Goldilocks approved would
have to be restricted as to accommodating only a few fully compatible
groups of humans that have most everything in common.

Secondly (as our plan B), in order to hold onto whatever terrestrial
resource remainders and survive within the GW/AGW consequences we have
at hand, whereas instead of our migrating to another planet or
habitable moon of a gas giant or brown dwarf, we could simply relocate
our moon, as to station-keeping within the Earth L1 halo orbit. This
would require some complex logistics of orbital expertise and applied
physics, as well as always forward-thinking which is actually hard to
come by nowadays, especially when moon relocation is not going to be
any geoengineered quick fix. Of course the use of TBMs in order to
excavate and tunnel inside as to establishing a vast number of human
complex habitats, would make even our little moon as perfectly good to
go for many thousands of years, and this effort of moon relocation
would also eliminate our out-of-control GW and more than offset AGW
issues, as well as cut our ocean tides by 50% and reduce seismic plate
tectonic issues by 75% (thereby saving the infrastructure and
biodiversity of Earth at the very least 0.1 trillion dollars per
month, or a full trillion per month in 2050 dollars) by figuring on
Earth hosting ten billion humans, and essentially not enough of
anything to go around.

I’ll have to continue editing in order to add better context to this
one, but hopefully this initial concept of our human off-world
expansion will get you Moors thinking as to what we should do once
we’ve managed to get ourselves onto another planet (hot or cold).

On Feb 26, 4:32*am, Brad Guth wrote:
On Jan 2, 7:45*am, Brad Guth wrote:

Is Venus as truly insurmountable as we’ve been taught to believe?

It’s not exactly a Goldilocks kind of place, because it’s certainly
hot and seriously pressurized.

Those perfectly natural looking mountains, canyons and the associated
rock seem about right.

The atmosphere is mostly toxic to us, but well above them thick acidic
clouds it gets way colder than anywhere here or above Earth, and so
what gives with that?

As to its surface, is there anything that’s otherwise out of place or
irregular upon its hot crust and of the mountainous geology of its
roasted to death terrain and subsequent erosion that’s perhaps even a
wee bit unnatural or unexpected?

http://translate.google.com/#
Brad Guth,Brad_Guth,Brad.Guth,BradGuth,BG,Guth Usenet/”Guth
Venus”,GuthVenus

“GuthVenus” at 1:1, plus 10x resample/enlargement of the area in
question:https://picasaweb.google.com/1027362...Guth#slideshow...

It’s always amazing how topics associated with the investigative
exploitation of our moon, Venus or even that of utilizing their L1 or
L2, has been so systematically policy taboo/nondisclosure controlled
by those of our mainstream status-quo facade of *authority, in that
any honest attempt of a given topic to expose is automatically
forbidden (other than being topic/author stalked and trashed for all
those at risk of façade exposure can muster).

As soon as any topic or its author is the least bit suggestive that
our government is capable of not having told us the whole truth about
anything, a gauntlet of all sorts of topic/author stalking hell breaks
loose on behalf of mainstream damage-control.

Of course we also do not see any K-12s anywhere within public Usenet/
newsgroups for a darn good reason, because freedom of speech is
actually managed as something entirely conditional as to the audience
at hand. *This is also why most institutionalized prisoners are never
given internet access as to any public forums or mainstream media that
might offer an audience that isn’t being controlled or manipulated,
and most Americans as well as other Nations of oligarch controlled
intellect seem to like it that way.

Social media forums like Facebook, Twitter *and even Google+ are
equally managed on a client by client basis, of receiving context as
well as for transmitting information to any other given client or
group/circle of friends, making it really quite downright handy for
our NSA/CIA and you name it agency or special-interest group of
pretentious or self-righteous authority to monitor as well as to step
right in and covertly control opr dominate any given situation,
because public publishing of too much truth isn’t actually tolerated.
Nowadays, mainstream internet and especially intranet servers are
capable of managing each individual client, as to whatever they get to
see, because most Americans are simply not smart enough to get past
the mainstream façade.

“Façade is an artificial intelligence-based art/research experiment in
electronic narrative – an attempt to move beyond traditional branching
or hyper-linked ...”

Façade/facade: “An artificial or deceptive front: ideological slogans
that were a façade for geopolitical power struggles.”

Most proxy wars are essentially façades for reasons that the general
public isn’t allowed to discover, and the ongoing ruse and usually FUD
involved within our mainstream façade, is quite real, as is the faith-
based façade that’s continually indoctrinated into us from birth to
grave.

On the other positive/constructive hand; *where’s the down side to off-
world exploitations?

Be my guest and apply your very own photographic enlargement software,
as to viewing this one small but rather interesting area of Venus,
using your independent deductive expertise as to enlarge or magnify
this mountainous area of Venus that I’ve focused upon, shouldn’t be
asking too much. *Most of modern PhotoZoom and other photographic
software variations tend to accomplish this enlargement process
automatically (including iPhone and Safari), although some extra
filtering and dynamic range compensations can further improve on the
end result (no direct pixel modifications are ever necessary).

“GuthVenus” 1:1, plus 10x resample/enlargement of the area in

*http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/hi...c115s095_1.gif

*https://picasaweb.google.com/1027362...8634/BradGuth#

Old March 10th 13, 04:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,alt.news-media,alt.journalism
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Mar 9, 12:17*pm, Brad Guth wrote:
[...]

Ignoring what our moon and the extremely nearby planet Venus has to
offer, is exactly what the mainstream oligarchs in charge want of the
rest of us. Apparently, the only thing that matters is sustaining
their mainstream status-quo w/o revisions. Such a pity when the brown-
nosed minions get to topic/author stalk and trash these public Usenet/
newsgroups (unmoderated newsgroups like alt.astronomy), keeping K-12s
and anyone else they can intimidate and even terrorize at free will.

https://groups.google.com/group/alt....y/topics?hl=en

No wonder this nation is becoming such a lost cause, and future
generations are already destined to being past the point of no return.

For those few willing and brave enough to read and contribute to this
and other public topics, you need to be aware of what the motivations
and hidden agendas are of those disrupting and even hijacking our
topics have at risk. If you can't deal with this intellectual
terrorism gauntlet imposed by those trashing Usenet/newsgroups, then
perhaps you have no business reading or contributing to anything, much
less edgy stuff that needs an open mindset. If you can't
independently think for your self, you might as well give up and just
parrot or robot your way though whatever life these oligarchs have
planned for you, and do it with a smile.

Old March 11th 13, 07:10 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,alt.news-media,alt.journalism
Brad Guth[_3_]

Too bad the extremely nearby(100 LD) planet Venus is always so
mainstream taboo/non-disclosure rated.

Earth From Space / NOVA
According to the latest science capability as having been reported to
us via NOVA, of looking at a given planet from space (via satellite),
extracting one inch radar resolution as to terrestrial ocean surface
levels and thereby a derivative of method interpreting its hidden
terrain (far below sea level), while an even more advanced Canadian
satellite imaging via radar accomplishes better than a quarter inch
resolution mapping above sea level, are each state of the art forms of
remote imaging science that we can take to the observationology bank.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/space/e...rom-space.html

This new and improved imaging capability means that a modern
satellite mission of “Magellan 2.0” by rights should nowadays be
capable of accomplishing at least as good as 25 mm radar mapping
resolution of the Venus surface, and accomplishing this imaging
capability without our having to reinvent a damn thing.

Of course you’d still have to be smart enough as to interpreting radar
derivative composites of the given terrain, as hopefully
differentiating between any potentially artificial or unnatural
attributes as opposed to whatever should be perfectly natural, because
without some deductive interpretation skill is where nothing remote
imaged via camera, radar, laser altimeters or even by the naked eye
can ever be trusted to interpret anything as artificial or natural.
In other words, without basic image interpreting skills(as viewed from
above), might as well hire the blind to deal with all of our science
observationology issues.

This is where all of my critics come off as being extra special, all-
knowing and first-hand expertise at absolutely everything, which of
course they are in fact capable of delivering nothing of the kind.
Instead they impose obfuscation to suit as well as FUD and maintain
absolute authority over the rest of us, because that’s their real job.

In this instance of a NOVA public science media infomercial
production, I can only support and applaud those of the Google NOVA
team and their combined investigative scientific efforts on behalf of
gathering the best available science in order to be further educating
the rest of us about the global energy balance and its subsequent
diversity of a highly complex environment forced upon our planet, that
which probably can not manage as for sustaining 7+ billion humans
without its reliable solar influx plus constant internal resupply of
minerals, microbes and diatoms to go along with the mostly passive
solar influx, not to mention tidal issues along with all the other
secondary/recoil influx of everything from IR to gamma that’s coming
off our naked moon that is also modulating our entire planet at least
twice more so than is the tidal forces of our sun representing only a
third of what matters.

Of course using a composite rigid airship as a shuttle like probe of
such extended exploratory capability hosting our science instruments,
as safely and efficiently cruising below those acidic clouds (perhaps
as well as for using others of somewhat conventional balloon/blimp
configured as capable of easily getting their science payloads above
them clouds), as such should not be banished or otherwise excluded
from this ongoing need of our exploiting such extreme off-world
locations, like Venus which offers us so much in mineral and/or raw
element diversity.

The vast majority of this new and improved imaging science is of
course public funded, and even televised production provided via NOVA
is mostly public funded as well as otherwise indirectly commercially
funded via Google and those always higher prices that we get to pay
for various goods and services. This kind of science infomercial
production doesn’t come cheap, not to mention the national
broadcasting service itself isn’t without public and/or consumer added
cost issues, that this and the next generation always get to pay for.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1027362...18595926178146

Old March 12th 13, 03:25 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,alt.news-media,alt.journalism
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Mar 10, 11:10*pm, Brad Guth wrote:
[...]

This topic about Venus and the little area of GuthVenus isn’t about
promoting all the negatives and allowing the maximum extent of
obfuscation and denial that one can muster, but instead it’s about
considering as to what that worse than toasty planet has to offer, and
what level(s) of expertise and technology it’ll take for us to safely
exploit that extremely nearby planet.

Of course, if we just sit around long enough we will not have to
bother with going to our moon, Mars or Venus in order to exploit those
worlds for their rare and perhaps common elements that are only rare
to us because of our extensive global resource depletions, because
asteroids from the Sirius Oort cloud will be delivering those items of
value to us within 10,000+ tonne asteroids that our very best
observations and radars apparently can not detect until it's too
late. However, perhaps it would be kinda nice of us to at least warn
the crew of ISS, of future asteroids passing through their NO FLY
zone, whereas our ISS astronauts only have a limited supply of
Depends.

Russia has estimated their 16+ meter rock/asteroid of roughly 10% iron
and nickel that only barely missed impacting a major populated city,
is perhaps only representing the tip of the cosmic iceberg arriving in
the form of the Sirius Oort cloud, that's highly populated by such
asteroids and likely to offer a few dozen planetoid size items.

Apparently our fancy radars have become useless at detecting these
fast moving and typically fast arriving items of 1e4 to 1e6 tonnes
until it's too late. Perhaps this is not exactly good news for those
onboard our spendy ISS that are kind of sitting ducks with hardly any
physical protection or failsafe options other than early warnings
giving them a chance of using their escape pods before it’s too late.

Venus of course has a really nifty thick and dense atmosphere that by
rights should fend off even 1e5 tonne asteroids, as well as otherwise
moderating the arrival of any 1e6 tonne item down to a dull roar of
causing hardly if any surface damage unless it was made of mostly (50+
%) pure heavy metals. The naked moon on the other hand is always at
serious risk of even dealing with any one kg arrival, including a
lethal spray of secondary debris that could easily radius and/or
downrange for 1000 km, if not sent back into low orbit to only fall
back at the lethal velocity of at least 2.35 km/sec upon the whole
1.1e4 km circumference, covering a thousand km wide path.

Too bad that only Russians have been smart enough to deal with Venus,
where as our best talent can barely get a robotic mission onto a
mostly frozen to death planet that at least so far indicates as having
few if any rare element that we could use, because even our moon is at
least a hundredfold more valuable per cubic meter.

Extracting valuable raw elements from the innards of our physically
dark and paramagnetic moon, can’t be put off forever. Venus can
always wait, although no other planet is situated so nearby(100 LD)
and otherwise so easily accessible to our remote science (according to
a recent NOVA production of “Earth From Space” whereas our modern
satellite radar imaging of Earth can nowadays obtain 25 mm resolution
of its surface), and it’s at least better than half that for mapping
the naked surface of our moon at just 6 mm/pixel. According to recent
improvements in radar imaging, even terrestrial ground based radar
imaging of Venus should be able to achieve 25 meter resolution, or
figure 0.25 meter resolution of our moon.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/space/e...rom-space.html

Gold, silver, platinum and so many other rare and valuable elements
to most of us, that typically require extensive mining excavations
with often bloody and lethal consequences, as well as spendy
processing along with consuming loads of energy that's also in short
supply, not to mention our having to deal with the subsequent
environment pollution along with some of their direct toxicity and
global biodiversity impact issues (all of which being negative), are
perfectly good reasons as to why off-world exploitations can't be such
a bad idea.

The likes of our moon and Venus should offer at least a combined
teratonne of gold, and otherwise many teratonnes of other precious
metals like silver, nickel, copper and zinc, not to mention those
heavy reactive atomic elements like uranium, thorium and of course
always radium and natural plutonium shouldn’t be unexpected. We can
also use nuclear energy as well as thermonuclear weapons in order to
mine and excavate our way into and through vast amounts of crust.
Nuclear powered TBMs could be used for tunneling into our moon, and
unlimited environment damage can become an acceptable tradeoff.

Where’s the down side?

Be my guest and apply your very own photographic enlargement software,
as to viewing this one small but rather interesting area of Venus,
using your independent deductive expertise as to enlarge or magnify
this mountainous area of Venus that I’ve focused upon, shouldn’t be
asking too much. Most of modern PhotoZoom and other photographic
software variations tend to accomplish this enlargement process
automatically (including iPhone and Safari), although some extra
applied filtering and thereby image enhancing for dynamic range
compensations can further improve upon the end result (no direct pixel
modifications should ever be necessary, because it’s all a derivative
from the original Magellan radar imaging).

Old March 14th 13, 02:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,alt.news-media,alt.journalism
Brad Guth[_3_]

As for Goldilocks surviving on the surface of Venus has never been my
intentions or any such suggestions for others. My thoughts were
always about the exploitation potential and accomplishing this via
mostly robotics, but otherwise using a well insulated composite rigid
airship that could easily accommodate a crew of more than a thousand
doesn’t seem all that insurmountable. The fact that others may have
already been their and doing their own exploitations, is just further
evidence and proof of why we should be doing the same.

A chemical fluid and nuclear powered airship still seems like a good
idea. Of course air conditioning the main cabin areas of this
enormous flying machine is going to take more than a few window
mounted air conditioners, and not that keeping the hydrogen gas as hot
as possible isn’t a perfectly good idea.

On Mar 13, 1:19 pm, Double-A wrote:
"The cooling elements are sandwiches of a normal metal, a 1-nanometer-
thick insulating layer, and a superconducting metal. When a voltage is
applied, the hottest electrons "tunnel" from the normal metal through
the insulator to the superconductor. The temperature in the normal
metal drops dramatically and drains electronic and vibrational energy
from the object being cooled."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0308183821.htm

Maxwell's Demon:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell's_demon

Double-A

Now that's getting our moneys worth out of a public investment. Too
bad our spendy NIF can’t seem to manage the same.

Besides all sorts of new and improved terrestrial applications, this
new and improved refrigeration as efficient heat transferring without
moving parts or using freons should do wonders for cooling
applications on Venus, as well as for managing temperatures within the
GuthVenus composite rigid airship.

This might eventually replace using helium, which is often not getting
recycled enough as is, and natural resources of helium are greatly
depleted or simply vented off as an unavoidable composite of our
hydrocarbons and natural gas exploitations and their mass consumption.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0308183821.htm

"It's one of the most flabbergasting results I've seen," project
leader Joel Ullom says. "We used quantum mechanics in a nanostructure
to cool a block of copper. The copper is about a million times heavier
than the refrigerating elements. This is a rare example of a nano- or
microelectromechanical machine that can manipulate the macroscopic
world."

“The technology may offer a compact, convenient means of chilling
advanced sensors below standard cryogenic temperatures -- 300
milliKelvin (mK), typically achieved by use of liquid helium -- to
enhance their performance in quantum information systems, telescope
cameras, and searches for mysterious dark matter and dark energy.
As described in Applied Physics Letters, the NIST refrigerator's
cooling elements, consisting of 48 tiny sandwiches of specific
materials, chilled a plate of copper, 2.5 centimeters on a side and 3
millimeters thick, from 290 mK to 256 mK. The cooling process took
about 18 hours. NIST researchers expect that minor improvements will
enable faster and further cooling to about 100 mK.”

This is the sort of positive/constructive R&D advancements that the
public should be willing to pay for. Perhaps sequestering of public
funding is going to turn out as a very good way of bringing forth any
number of technology improvements.