F-1 engine - first launch

Old March 3rd 13, 03:40 PM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

Default F-1 engine - first launch

On Mar 3, 9:35*am, bob haller wrote:
On Mar 3, 2:05*am, Fred J. McCall wrote:

bob haller wrote:

with copiers models and even parts change constantly. when the model
lifecycle is 2 years, and the documentation poor calls to tech support
are common, espically with a unique trouble, the most interesting are
generated by poor assembly...

And you can't tell that without calling someone who can't even see it
to explain it to

theres lots of training available which covers most of the common
troubles.....

but occasionally poorly assembled wiring harnesses, and a wealth of
wierd troubles can and do generate calls to tech help desks.

You can't identify a bad wire harness without calling someone on the
phone? *REALLY?

over the years I have found and solved lots of real strange problems.

some calls are to report wierd issues and solutions, which helps
everyone

And Bobbert's story change as it's pointed out to him just how stupid
he sounds....

I hope your office copier devolops a intermittent problem

Probably 5% of problems are hard to fix, but that leaves 95% just
normal everyday chores.

That 5% can eat up lots of time But by checking with tech support
once anyone finds the solution everyone can share.
Old March 4th 13, 12:54 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley[_2_]

In article 6936a7ef-6d75-45ad-a6bd-b01b5a4f8a70@
7g2000yqy.googlegroups.com, says...

On Mar 2, 4:59*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
bob haller wrote:
These days my business repairs roll laminators. Its a niche market and
my big competitor GBC which locally charges $317 bucks for the first
hour. Schools are the primary customer. Thats not so good these days
with the collapse of school budgets But really better for me since
schools are looking to save money I charge less than GBC

I am my own boss, make my own hours, if I want to screw off on a
friday to go to the rodgers ohio flea market I can

Unlike people who WORK for companies like you do where they watch your
hours etc....

They don't "watch my hours", Bobbert. *I just tell them which hours
I'm working on which contracts.

If I want to take a month off, I can do it with full pay. *When you
stop working, you stop getting paid. *In fact, you don't get paid for
any hour during the day that you don't have a client paying you. *AND
you have to pay all your own overhead costs, which occur whether
you're working or not.

Yeah, you've got it so much better....

your points are causing the bankruptacy of america combined with the
over militrazation of our country.

the military is like insurance you can buy so much you cant afford to
live.

military contractors have to charge enough for all the bennies you are
bragging about...

like month off with full pay, little over site etc

No, his points are also the benefits of having a full time salaried job.
I get five weeks of PTO (paid time off) per year. That is, sick days
plus vacation. When I hit 25 years with "the company", I'll max out at
six weeks of PTO. This is still less than I'd get in some parts of the
world, but it's not bad for the US.

So, in a few years, if I want to take a really long vacation, I can
"roll over" a week of vacation and combine that with my six weeks of PTO
to get seven weeks off. If I take that at a strategic time of year
(e.g. overlap paid holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years,
I can pretty much extend that to eight straight weeks off.

Jeff