ASTRO: Mars - a futile effort

Old February 15th 10, 02:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Adriano

Default ASTRO: Mars - a futile effort

With hopes of some instances of good seeing between the endless
spasmodic episodes of total blurriness, I endeavoured to image the red
planet. The results speak for themselves; blurrsville. At least the
major features can be seen. The sky is just not settling down at all.

Unless I see some darn steady skies, I think this is it for mars this
time around.

Thanks for looking and taking pity.

Details: C8 @ f/46, ToUCam, crappy seeing.
--
Adriano
http://www.edmar-co.com/adriano/

34°14'11.7"N

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MARS-2010-02-12_21-46_22-26_23-36.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	2821

Old February 15th 10, 08:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Paul[_6_]

I wish mine were as bad as that!! .........at least you can post
yours!! lol

"G" wrote in message
news
not bad at all...

Old February 16th 10, 12:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Martin R. Howell[_8_]

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 17:09:49 -0800, Adriano wrote:

With hopes of some instances of good seeing between the endless
spasmodic episodes of total blurriness, I endeavoured to image the red
planet. The results speak for themselves; blurrsville. At least the
major features can be seen. The sky is just not settling down at all.

Unless I see some darn steady skies, I think this is it for mars this
time around.

Thanks for looking and taking pity.

Details: C8 @ f/46, ToUCam, crappy seeing.

I think it is great. Don't get many planetary images here. Your image
also now appears (fully credited to yourself) in "Superior Images from
a.b.p.a." and can be seen there at this link:
http://www.theastropost.com/smf/inde...sg2034#msg2034

--
Martin R. Howell
The Astro Post
Old February 16th 10, 01:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Adriano

Martin R. Howell wrote:

I think it is great. Don't get many planetary images here. Your image
also now appears (fully credited to yourself) in "Superior Images from
a.b.p.a." and can be seen there at this link:
http://www.theastropost.com/smf/inde...sg2034#msg2034

ok, now I'm completely horrified. I thought only the five or six of us
here would see it but now untold hundres may potentially see this
shambles of a picture. :P

I'm still hoping for steady skies though.