Spring

Old February 12th 08, 09:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

Default Spring

I feel spring is coming!

Double-A

Old February 13th 08, 08:10 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Feb 12, 1:08*pm, Twittering One wrote:
On Feb 12, 4:05*pm, Double-A wrote:

I feel spring is coming!

Double-A

Lots of snow, ice, and rain here in NYC today.

Here temps are rising into the 50's, the sun is poking through the
clouds, and lots of birds are singing. Trees are budding, and the air
smells good I feel like the flowers wiill be bursting out of the
ground any minute now! And the Canada geese are flying north. A
flock of about 35 landed near the duck ponds here and were out on the
path. As I approached, they did not fly, but I walked right through
them as though they were a buch of farm geese! This was by far my
most personal encounter with these beautiful wild birds.

Double-A

Old February 14th 08, 12:16 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Jeff☠Relf

Default Feeding bread to the fish is great fun.

Seattle has flowers year 'round.
There is no winter; “ winter ” is spring, I say.
Tame geese is nothing, I know tame beavers.

Ducks and squirrels run towards me ( looking for food ),
not away from me. Feeding bread to the fish is great fun.

Old February 14th 08, 08:03 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Feb 13, 4:16*pm, Jeff*Relf wrote:
Seattle has flowers year 'round.
There is no winter; “ winter ” is spring, I say.
Tame geese is nothing, I know tame beavers.

Ducks and squirrels run towards me ( looking for food ),
not away from me. *Feeding bread to the fish is great fun.

All I have to do is pretend to thow something, and the ducks come
running. Shows they have been being fed.

Double-A

Old February 14th 08, 09:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
oldcoot

On Feb 13, 12:10*pm, Double-A wrote:

*And the Canada geese are flying north. *A
flock of about 35 landed near the duck ponds here and were out on the
path. *As I approached, they did not fly, but I walked right through
them as though they were a buch of farm geese! *This was by far my
most personal encounter with these beautiful wild birds.

AA, are you by any chance familiar with the pioneering work of Bill
Lishman, the guy who pioneered flying *with* Canada geese in an
ultralight plane? His work was the basis for the movie "Fly Away
Home". This vid has links to other related work involving endangered
species like cranes, helping them reestablish ancestral flyways.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_ZNHUNdrAA&NR=1

Flocks of Canada geese stop at our local RC flying field since it's on
a huge grassy acreage bordered by water.

Old February 14th 08, 09:34 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Jeff☠Relf

Default Feeding bread to the homeless is great fun.

Speaking of tame ducks...
Although a homeless person might steal from you,
he's more friendly because he needs a handout.

Old February 15th 08, 06:32 AM posted to alt.astronomy
nightbat[_1_]

nightbat wrote

Double-A wrote:
Science Team Officer Commander Double-A

On Feb 13, 4:16 pm, Jeff*Relf wrote:

Seattle has flowers year 'round.
There is no winter; “ winter ” is spring, I say.
Tame geese is nothing, I know tame beavers.

Ducks and squirrels run towards me ( looking for food ),
not away from me. Feeding bread to the fish is great fun.

Commander Double-A

All I have to do is pretend to thow something, and the ducks come
running. Shows they have been being fed.

Double-A

nightbat

Dr. Tesla, one of the greatest geniuses that ever lived, loved
feeding the birds in Central Park, you are in good company Commander.

keep your spirits up,
the nightbat
Old February 16th 08, 08:27 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Feb 14, 10:32*pm, nightbat wrote:
nightbat wrote

Double-A wrote:

Science Team Officer Commander Double-A

On Feb 13, 4:16 pm, Jeff*Relf wrote:

Seattle has flowers year 'round.
There is no winter; “ winter ” is spring, I say.
Tame geese is nothing, I know tame beavers.

Ducks and squirrels run towards me ( looking for food ),
not away from me. *Feeding bread to the fish is great fun.

Commander Double-A

All I have to do is pretend to thow something, and the ducks come
running. *Shows they have been being fed.

Double-A

nightbat

* * * * *Dr. Tesla, one of the greatest geniuses that ever lived, loved
feeding the birds in Central Park, you are in good company Commander.

* * * * *keep your spirits up,
* * * * *the nightbat

One story is that Tesla had just talked his way out of being evicted
from his apartment that day when he found some money. He immediately
took the money and spent it on feed for the pigeons in the park.

Double-A

Old February 16th 08, 08:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Jeff☠Relf

Default A penthouse in Manhattan.

In lower Manhattan, any homeless thief could feed a pigeon;
but it'd take vast wealth and influence to house them ( the pigeons ).

There are 7 billion people on this planet,
and many of them would love to have a penthouse in Manhattan,
driving a hummer ( or two ).

Old February 16th 08, 09:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Feb 14, 1:34*pm, Jeff*Relf wrote:
Speaking of tame ducks...
Although a homeless person might steal from you,
he's more friendly because he needs a handout.

Those duchs act like they could bite my hand of when I really do feed
them. I have to be careful!

Double-A

Cave Spring marika Amateur Astronomy 0 April 15th 06 09:59 PM
Spring Tides Duncan Heenan Misc 6 November 29th 05 12:53 PM
Spring Tides Duncan Heenan UK Astronomy 6 November 29th 05 12:53 PM
Spring Stars in our View G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 1 April 7th 05 07:08 PM
Neap and spring tides? BillforReal Astronomy Misc 1 September 10th 04 10:54 PM