ASTRO: First light for GSO 6" RC (M33)

Old September 2nd 09, 10:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: First light for GSO 6" RC (M33)

Recently I couldn't resist to buy a GSO 6" Ritchey Chretien at a special
price.
I have some tilt in the system with stars being progressively off focus on
the right side of the picture, but once I get this sorted out I guess I will
habe a nice little imaging scope. It works amazingly well with the "William
Optics X0.8 flattener II" that I recently got for my Skywatcher ED
refractors, which gives a focal lenth of 1100mm (f/7.2).
The focuser can be adjusted, so I guess I will be able to get rid of the
tilt.
"First light" was M33 as it fits the FOV rather nicely with the QHY8 camera.
This is only a "quick and dirty" processing as work is killing me, no time
for "serious stuff".

Taken from the middle of Berlin with a GSO 6" RC at f/7.2 on a G11 mount,
QHY8 camera, 39x10 minutes.

The picture can also be found at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp3/tempM33-39x10cropsm.jpg

Stefan

Attached Images
File Type: jpg tempM33-39x10cropsm.jpg (441.7 KB, 189 views)
Old September 3rd 09, 12:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

hey I'd be happy with that image Stefan

looking good

post some photos of the scope too please!

Old September 3rd 09, 02:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
John N. Gretchen III

looks very good Stefan

--
John N. Gretchen III
http://www.tisd.net/~jng3
Old September 3rd 09, 06:29 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Kev Lawrence

"Stefan Lilge" wrote in message
Recently I couldn't resist to buy a GSO 6" Ritchey Chretien at a special
price.

Very very nice pic

It makes you stop and think occasionally, what we can now achieve with a 6"
compared with what we used to back in film days

Kev

Old September 3rd 09, 04:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George[_1_]

[...]

Looks good, Stefan. I just bought a G-11 with the Gemini GTO and their
heavy duty tripod. Been very impressed so far (though I've only used it for
visual observation so far). That tripod is the best I've ever used, hands
down! The whole system is rock solid. Planning to purchase a moderately
priced astro cam soon. Keep them coming, Stefan. Looks like you've got a
good scope (please posts some pics of your setup when you have time).

George

P.S., if anyone has a really good camera and accessories they are willing to
part with for a moderate price, let me know (less than $2,000).

Old September 3rd 09, 06:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Stefan Lilge wrote:
[...]

Great "first light". Hope work lets up for more.

I think GSO makes the Astro Tech scope John recently bought. Seems they
are living up to the hype for them. Thought I saw they came with a
field flattener though a zero power one. I may be confusing it with
another I read about.

I don't see the tilt you mention so it shouldn't be hard to remove.

What is it with getting a new scope? Usually its weather that turns bad
not heavy work load. Anything to keep you away from the new "toy".

Does the back use standard SCT threads so all those add ons would fit it?

Rick