Launch Profile Data

Old April 15th 04, 05:53 AM
Bill Jones

Default Launch Profile Data

I am wondering if there is a page on the web that shows, at FREQUENT
intervals, how high, how fast and how far down range the space shuttle
is at any given time during the eight or so minutes from launch to
orbit? I would be interested to see the rate of change in these
parameters to get a better idea of the launch profile and a clearer
picture of just where the shuttle is in relation to Earth as each of
the abort options come and go. Similar data on re-entry profile would
also be interesting.

I've seen some time lines on the Internet but haven't been able to
find anything that shows the parameters in the way I'd like to see
them. A graphical presentation would be most interesting, but the raw
figures would be helpful.

Thanks.

Bill Jones
Sydney
Australia
Old April 15th 04, 11:52 AM
bob haller

I am wondering if there is a page on the web that shows, at FREQUENT
intervals, how high, how fast and how far down range the space shuttle

Presently all rates are zero

Yeah that sounds interesting wonder if its up somewhere?
:
:
:
My opinion is right
Old April 15th 04, 01:18 PM
PP

The press kits (especially the earlier missions 1980-1990s) used to give a
chart showing the altitude and downrange
values . Not at 'regular intervals' but more for significant events during
the ascent .

They normally showed a plot of the trajectory as well - from which you could
deduce the values you look for.

Also,I think NASA did a publication showing in tabular form major paremters
for the first 100 missions

--

om...