OU degrees in Astronomy. is it worth it ?

Old May 18th 04, 12:27 AM
Steve Payne

Default OU degrees in Astronomy. is it worth it ?

I am considering doing one in September.
Is the course hard
can you get a job after ??

If any one has any thoughts on this I would be grateful if the info.

Steve P

Old May 18th 04, 12:34 AM
Stargazer

"Steve Payne" wrote in message
I am considering doing one in September.
Is the course hard
can you get a job after ??

If any one has any thoughts on this I would be grateful if the info.

Steve P

Hi Steve

I have just applied for three courses, for Sept/Nov/Feb 05. Astronomy,
Planets, An introduction, and The Universe. All of these are level 1 10 week
courses. I should imagine if you want a career in Astronomy, it may well
take you a few years :-)

The course doesn't seem too difficult, my friend with no knowledge of the
subject passed her two courses. I have been reading the course material and
as long as you have a few brain cells, you'll be alright!

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

Just DO IT, if not. you will regret it. Knowledge is Power!!

Clear skies

Martin A

Old May 18th 04, 12:52 AM
onegod

"Steve Payne" wrote in message
I am considering doing one in September.
Is the course hard

If you have to ask, i doubt you should bother for a degree though you can
take couple as some sort of core elective. Astronomy/physics are turn on to
those nerds that breeze through classes and nothing was hard.

can you get a job after ??

Of course, anyone who were able to get in college is likely to find a job.
Place like fast food can even hire people still in high school. :-) It
would be doubtful that you can find jobs that requires astronomy bs degree
though.

Old May 18th 04, 04:18 AM
PCportinc

same goes for CIS. got a bs in it? go work @ McDee's.

Old May 18th 04, 07:45 AM
John Carruthers

If any one has any thoughts on this I would be grateful if the
info.

Do it, I'm in the middle of S282 and while it's not easy it is
worthwhile.
jc

--
http://mysite.freeserve.com/jc_atm/

---

Old May 18th 04, 12:27 PM
onegod

"PCportinc" wrote in message
hire people still in high school. :-) It
would be doubtful that you can find jobs that requires astronomy bs

degree
though.

same goes for CIS. got a bs in it? go work @ McDee's.

Computer are ever where so there's still millions of jobs for ordinary joe
bs where as astronomy jobs are probably even hard for elites to find.

Old May 18th 04, 03:09 PM
Chuck

http://www.catzwhiskerz.org.uk/openuni/s282/