Scott (Kotex) Kozel

Old August 18th 03, 06:22 AM
John Maxson

Default Scott (Kotex) Kozel

.. (a very tiny little wheel)

--
John Thomas Maxson, Retired Engineer (Aerospace)
Author, The Betrayal of Mission 51-L (www.mission51l.com)

Old August 18th 03, 07:45 PM
Daniel Carolan

"John Maxson" wrote in message
. (a very tiny little wheel)

--
John Thomas Maxson, Retired Engineer (Aerospace)
Author, The Betrayal of Mission 51-L (www.mission51l.com)

These sort of childish insults are to be expected (but not tolerated) from a
teenaged boy, but are simply embarrassing coming from a man your age. If
your justification is simply a variation of the pubescent response, "Well,
he started it," then the embarrassment factor is only raised a notch.

Many people on this group have concluded that your claims of conspiracy are
nothing more than the ravings of a crackpot. But readers who may be riding
the fence are not likely to take you any more seriously if you act like a
belligerent child toward anyone who shows resistance to those claims.

D. Carolan
(Returning to "lurk" mode.)

Old August 18th 03, 08:04 PM
jeff findley

"Daniel Carolan" writes:
Many people on this group have concluded that your claims of conspiracy are
nothing more than the ravings of a crackpot.

Only those who are both informed and intelligent.

But readers who may be riding
the fence are not likely to take you any more seriously if you act like a
belligerent child toward anyone who shows resistance to those claims.

If you're "on the fence" about such a conspiracy theory, then you're
also likely to be one of those people who believe that NASA faked the
moon landings. I've talked to several such people in the past.

Again, there are those that are uninformed, which is easy to correct.
However, those that lack basic reasoning skills will believe just
about any half baked conspiracy theory. They're a lost cause. You
could send them to the moon to look at the remains of LEM and the
footprints all around and they'd still find ways to explain the hard
evidence away.

For example: 1960's era robots made the footprints, planted the flag,
and took off in the top half of the LEM to dispose of the evidence in
a fiery re-entry that just happened to coincide with the CM containing
the astronauts re-entering from LEO. Therefore, you can't believe any
of the physical evidence on the moon itself. NASA faked it all.

Sigh.

Jeff
--
Remove "no" and "spam" from email address to reply.
If it says "This is not spam!", it's surely a lie.
Old August 19th 03, 01:43 AM
Daniel Carolan

"jeff findley" wrote in message
"Daniel Carolan" writes:
Many people on this group have concluded that your claims of conspiracy

are
nothing more than the ravings of a crackpot.

Only those who are both informed and intelligent.

But readers who may be riding
the fence are not likely to take you any more seriously if you act like

belligerent child toward anyone who shows resistance to those claims.

If you're "on the fence" about such a conspiracy theory, then you're

Snip

I never said that I was one of those who were "on the fence." I'm not. I
don't agree with his theories. At all. As far as I'm concerned, the Rogers
report identified the problem correctly. I believe that his theories
regarding the RCS thrusters stem from his desire that, in some way, Lockheed
was at fault for Challenger's destruction, rather than Thiocol, because he
is biased agains't Lockheed for personal and professional reasons. His "SRB
crossing" contention is, in my opinion, a crock. It didn't happen.

My point is that some might be on the fence, and that his name calling,
which is on a middle-school level at best, isn't likely to push them to his
side of the fence. This, now that I think about it, is actually a good
thing.

D. Carolan
(Wish I hadn't de-lurked.)

Old August 19th 03, 04:57 PM
John Pelchat

snip

D. Carolan
(Wish I hadn't de-lurked.)

D.

This group to has a sine-function noise-to-signal ratio with an
amplitude that can test the hardiest of souls but hang in there. Do
not regret having "de-lurked" because this group and its cousins have
incredible amounts of good information provided by Kim Keller, James
Oberg, and others. I have been reading the group for over two years.
Others have posted thousands of ridiculous itmes and most recoginize
who the authors are. The name callers are easy to pick out by doing
Google searchs of their names on the news groups.

Your point about name-calling is well taken and perhaps the best way
to seperate wheat from chaff is to watch which posters stoop to such
tactics and mentally filter them out. If a particular poster starts a
thread, I will not read it. Sure, you might miss something good in
the rebuttals but for me, if I see a thread from one of those I choose
to ignore, it's Dead On Arrival. Mr. Kozel does not post frequently
compared to others, but I do read his material.

If I ever choose to post, it is with the recognition that this is a
form of conversation and if the conversation becomes debate, the first
debater to raise their voice or to hurl an insult is generally
reconized to have run out of intellectual ammunition and lost the
match.

Returning to "Lurk" mode . . .

John Pelchat