The Universe as Art

Old January 28th 09, 09:35 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

Default Religion is about hoping for “ something better ”.

On Jan 28, 10:40*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
oc *My spin is in theory has to take in quantum spin does not slow down..
That photons,weak gauge bosons,and gluons have an intrinsic spin that
turns out to be TWICE that of matter particles. They all have SPIN 1 *It
begs the question What is the spin rate of gravitons? Well they are
hypothesised to be TWICE that of matter particles and that means SPIN 2
I think that I can fit that in nicely with my theory?? * Mother nature
and I use spinning about the same way. I see spin as the symmetry of
nature,and if its close to perfectly round and spinning at c its super
symmetric,and I relate that to electrons and gamma photons. * Posted
this often,and come from a spacetime of my young fresh thoughts before
you were born * go figure *Trebert

What about dual axis spinning?

~ BG
Old January 28th 09, 10:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Bg Explain DUEL AXIS SPINNING ?? TreBert

Old January 28th 09, 11:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Noah's Dove

Albert Einstein Quotes

I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this
or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to
know His thoughts; the rest are details.
Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind.
My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable
superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able
to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.
The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more
certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not
lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith,
but through striving after rational knowledge.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes
convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a
spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we
with our modest powers must feel humble.
The scientists' religious feeling takes the form of a rapturous
amazement at the harmony of natural law, which reveals an intelligence
of such superiority that, compared with it, all the systematic
thinking and acting of human beings is an utterly insignificant
reflection.
There is no logical way to the discovery of elemental laws. There is
only the way of intuition, which is helped by a feeling for the order
lying behind the appearance.
The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a
faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant
and has forgotten the gift.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious; It is
the source of all true art and science.
We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of
course, powerful muscles, but no personality.
Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge
is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods.
When the solution is simple, God is answering.
God does not play dice with the universe.
God is subtle but he is not malicious.
A human being is a part of the whole, called by us Universe, a part
limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and
feelings as something separated from the rest-a kind of optical
delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison,
restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few
persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free from this prison by
widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and
the whole nature in its beauty.
Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for
survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian
diet.
The man who regards his own life and that of his fellow creatures as
meaningless is not merely unfortunate but almost disqualified for
life.
Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by
understanding.
Only a life lived for others is a life worth while.
The human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe. We are like a
little child entering a huge library. The walls are covered to the
ceilings with books in many different tongues. The child knows that
someone must have written these books. It does not know who or how. It
does not understand the languages in which they are written. But the
child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books---a
mysterious order which it does not comprehend, but only dimly
suspects.
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own
reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he
contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous
structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a
little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity.
What I see in Nature is a magnificent structure that we can comprehend
only very imperfectly, and that must fill a thinking person with a
feeling of humility. This is a genuinely religious feeling that has
nothing to do with mysticism.
The finest emotion of which we are capable is the mystic emotion.
Herein lies the germ of all art and all true science. Anyone to whom
this feeling is alien, who is no longer capable of wonderment and
lives in a state of fear is a dead man. To know that what is
impenetrable for us really exists and manifests itself as the highest
wisdom and the most radiant beauty, whose gross forms alone are
intelligible to our poor faculties - this knowledge, this feeling ...
that is the core of the true religious sentiment. In this sense, and
in this sense alone, I rank myself among profoundly religious men.
The real problem is in the hearts and minds of men. It is easier to
denature plutonium than to denature the evil spirit of man.
True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all
one's goodness and righteousness.
Intelligence makes clear to us the interrelationship of means and
ends. But mere thinking cannot give us a sense of the ultimate and
fundamental ends. To make clear these fundamental ends and valuations
and to set them fast in the emotional life of the individual, seems to
me precisely the most important function which religion has to form in
the social life of man.

Johannes Kepler - Discoverer of the 3 Laws of Planetary Motion

Johannes Kepler lived from 1571-1630. He was a brilliant German
astronomer who made many incredible discoveries. He discovered the 3
laws of Planetary Motion which are still named after him. He also
determined that the tides were caused by the moon and that parallax
can determine star distances.

He literally believed that his scientific pursuits were a mission from
God. In his book, the Harmonies of the World, he wrote the following
conclusion in prayer to God:

“…I give thanks to thee, O Lord Creator, who has delighted me with Thy
makings and in the works of thy hands have I found joy. I have used
the mental talents you have given me, and I have now completed the
work to which you have called me. I have revealed the glory of your
works to those who will read my explanations, at least that part of
your infinite riches which my limited mind could grasp…finally, allow
that these demonstrations give way to Thy glory and the salvation of
souls and nowhere be an obstacle to that.”

Sir Isaac Newton - Discover of the Laws of Gravity and Motion

Sir Isaac Newton is one of the most famous scientists of all time. He
was strongly motivated by his Biblical beliefs. In fact, he felt he
was personally involved in fulfilling the prophecy of Daniel 12:4
“Many shall go to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.” History
shows that Newton actually wrote more about theology than he did about
science.

He was a co-inventor of calculus, the discoverer of the law of
universal gravitation and the three laws of motion. He also invented
the reflecting telescope and is the author of the most important book
of the scientific revolution (the Principia Mathematica).

Newton considered the Lord Jesus Christ the Savior of the world, and
also trusted and believed in miracles as expressed in the Bible. He
wrote strong papers refuting atheism and defending creation and the
Bible. In Newton’s own words, “I have a fundamental belief in the
Bible as the Word of God, written by men who were inspired. I study
the Bible daily.”

In explanation to the many incredible discoveries and advancements
that were made by Newton during the course of his career, Newton had
this to say, “All my discoveries have been made in an answer to
prayer.”

http://4thdayalliance.com/articles/g...tronomers.html

Old January 29th 09, 12:01 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

Default Could I live well without storing crap somewhere ? that's thequestion.

On Jan 26, 10:35Â*pm, Jeffâ–˛Relf wrote:
The party's not over until you're dead.
You recently turned 60, I recently turnd 49. By the time I'm 58,
I might be joining you on that proverbial park bench.

If the day comes that I couldn't find and keep a job,
I might develop my “ survival skills ” as you are.
Could I do it without storing crap somewhere ? that's the question.

The party is over when life has no more fun in it. Some people say
that heaven hell are right here. If that's true, then why should we
be surprised if long before we die, we one day realize that we are
already in hell?

Double-A

Old January 29th 09, 12:13 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Jan 27, 11:16*pm, "Painius" wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message...

On Jan 26, 4:29Â am, Jeffâ–˛Relf wrote:

Religion is about hoping for “ something better †.
I'm not religious because I'm just glad for the gifts I've received,
I know full well that the party won't last forever.

I thought the party was already over for you, Jeff. *It feels like
it's over for me.

Double-A

Have you heard the fat lady sing, yet? *g

happy days and...
* *starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

No, but only because I can't aford to go to the opera house, and sip
wine spritzers durng intermission with the pretentious set.

Double-A

P.S. Here is a picture of one of our less pretentious arts
supporters:

http://www.photographicimage.com/mer...pid=620&step=4

Yes, that really is Portland's former Mayor Bud Cark in this
controversial poster. Bud was the most fun mayor Portland ever had!
Met him a couple of times.

Old January 29th 09, 12:18 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_2_]

On Jan 28, 5:36*am, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
AA *Reality is a person would change his religion for a free pickup
truck,and for a million bucks he would be a confirmed atheist. Lots of
movies done showing the devil buying up souls. *I have done a standup on
this theme * TreBert

If those stories about contracts with the Devil aren't true, then how
has quarterback Kurt Warner made such a miraculous comeback this
year? But will his contract hold through the Super Bowl? Those
contracts are very tricky! You might say, diabolical!

Don't sell your soul, Bert. Eveeryone who does gets beaten on the
deal!

Double-A

Old January 29th 09, 02:00 AM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Jan 28, 4:01Â*pm, Double-A wrote:
On Jan 26, 10:35Â*pm, Jeffâ–˛Relf wrote:

The party's not over until you're dead.
You recently turned 60, I recently turnd 49. By the time I'm 58,
I might be joining you on that proverbial park bench.

If the day comes that I couldn't find and keep a job,
I might develop my “ survival skills ” as you are.
Could I do it without storing crap somewhere ? that's the question.

The party is over when life has no more fun in it. Â*Some people say
that heaven hell are right here. Â*If that's true, then why should we
be surprised if long before we die, we one day realize that we are
already in hell?

Double-A

If you are not sufficiently rich and powerful, what form of Hell could
be worse than Earth?

~ BG
Old January 29th 09, 02:19 AM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Jan 28, 2:07*pm, (G=EMC^2 Glazier) wrote:
Bg Explain DUEL AXIS SPINNING ?? * TreBert

A complex quantum thing, of an electron shell that's spinning on its
polar axis, at the same time as it's spinning on its equatorial axis.
Hard to image, isn't it.

It's a bit easier to think of an electron as having a polar axis spin,
that's also in a conventional orbit around its nucleus of protons and
neutrons. Either way the orbital pattern would likely become a fog of
random orbital motions.

Absolute zero K might bring the busy electron down to a dull roar.

~ BG

Old January 29th 09, 01:03 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default Everything ( lots of bad-ass stuff ) is within walkingdistance.

Jeff Right you are. My water and electric bills alone will be as much
as that $375 you pay go figure TreBert

Old January 29th 09, 01:08 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Noah Einstein said God had no other options in creating the universe.
It could only be created one way. I know how universes are created,and
I hate all so called Gods. I see the light TreBert

Another universe Pete L Misc 2 July 30th 07 10:23 AM
Infinite Universe versus volatile Universe G. L. Bradford Policy 3 June 21st 06 12:49 PM
Getting to Know the Universe G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 28 July 23rd 05 02:42 PM
"The Universe is Big" Matthew Ota Amateur Astronomy 4 June 9th 05 11:41 PM
parllel universe have diffrent speed of light 128 168 300 299 thats how you find diffrent universe i'm from the planet earth that is the 7th from the sun stuck on one that the planet is 3rd from the sun the speed of light is 128 and 32 dimentions Roger Wilco Misc 1 December 30th 03 10:15 PM