Weirder election than Battlestar Galactica's

Old April 3rd 06, 01:19 AM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

Default Weirder election than Battlestar Galactica's

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 20:53:03 GMT, h (Rand
Simberg) wrote:

No? Fascists don't lock people up who call them fascists?

No.

You apparently don't have much experience with true fascists.

Only the American variety, which admittedly are not as hardcore as the
Nazi kind.

--

"A politician's neck should always have a noose around it.
It keeps him upright."
Old April 3rd 06, 01:20 AM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 16:57:12 -0500, "Robert J. Kolker"
wrote:

Don't hold your breath till biblica prophesy comes true. You will turn
blue first.

I am not personally committed to any of this. I am just curious. If it
happens, then my having followed it will put me ahead of the crowd. If
it does not happen, I can write it off with no loss.

Old April 3rd 06, 01:23 AM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 08:25:59 +1000, "Johnboy"
wrote:

Anyway, is it possible that both groups have considerable numbers of
homosexuals, but 90% of American Protestant clergy have been indocrinated
into a reactionary church, and therefore say what it good for them, while
the Church of England does not inspire such fear and loathing in it's
adherents but encourages openness and moral courage?

All I can do is go with the data.

I think the problem here is the position of left, centre, and right. In
most of the the western countries - probably all - the little pin in the
wall chart that says "here is the centre" is way to the left of where the
citizens of the USA would put the same pin.

Indeed.

Now, I'm sure that you would snort through your nose, and just decide that
what those other countries think just doesn't matter. Fine. I am sure that
would be the prevailing attitude of most Americans. But that does indicate
just a *hint* of ignorance, perhaps a touch of arrogance, and a very large
dollup of hubris.

Actually you are wrong about that. I use the terms left and right as
they were originally intended but modernized.

Left = Statism
Right = Individualism

Old April 3rd 06, 01:27 AM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 20:05:54 -0400, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

Martyrs tend to make these situations worse, not better.

Not if you make *enough* of them.

Bleedin' Jezuz and all his followers did a pretty good job of it.

Old April 3rd 06, 01:28 AM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 07:29:47 +1000, "Johnboy"
wrote:

You don't have any violent crime? That's incredible.

An astonishing misreading of my sentence. I believe the last sentence ended
with "only people who use guns to fight crime are members of the
police force." which, I believe, has already answered your question.

LOL.

Ever read the book "Dial 911 and Die".

The only thing the police will do is draw chalk lines around you.

Old April 3rd 06, 01:31 AM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

"Robert J. Kolker" wrote in message
CatPanDaddy wrote:

But radical jihad Islam is more like the common cold than Rome ever was. It
knows no physical boundaries and it mutates and assimilates. You can't
exterminate the common cold.

The ROmans considered Carthage a disease and Hanibal was its worse symptom.
They "cured" the disease. No more Carthage, which proves that total
distruction IS possible and you don't even need nuclear weapons. The Romans
did it with spears, axes, swords and arrows.

Delenda Cartago Est! Do you know what that means? That was Romes pledge to
utterly destroy Carthage. And they did it eventuyally. It took three wars.

Bob Kolker

Apples and oranges. Carthage was a city-state with a much smaller population
and geographical area. Islam is not a convenient little Carthage-shaped plot of
land. It's millions upon millions of people in many regions of the world.

Nukings and carpet bombings are not going to give you the result you want. The
magnitude of difference between the two examples is so great I should have
called it blueberries and cantaloupes instead of apples and oranges.

Old April 3rd 06, 01:31 AM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 07:48:37 +1000, "Johnboy"
wrote:

"Robert J. Kolker" wrote in message
Bob wrote:

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 11:36:28 -0400, "Robert J. Kolker"
wrote:

Invented and designed by leftist queers like Whipple and Barnes-Wallace.

Why do you say that they were leftist queers?

YOU said it. They were Brits.

Gosh Bob, and you accused me in another post of hysterical hyperbole! Your
comments seem to be hysterical hyperbole mixed with shameless hypocracy.

It was I who used the term "hysterical hyperbole", not Kolker.

Please do strive to get it right frim now on.

Old April 3rd 06, 02:20 AM posted to sci.space.history

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 08:45:30 +1000, "Johnboy" wrote:

"Bob" wrote:

Johnboy, if you just can't resist responding to whackos, could you at least
trim sci.space.history from the list of groups you're posting to? Practically
all of your 50+ posts over the past few days have been crossposted to
several groups. It's getting to be time to killfile you- regardless of the content
of your posts, which I don't find particularly objectionable otherwise...

Dale

(not sure he's even reading s.s.h, but I'm not going to crosspost this...
Old April 3rd 06, 03:09 AM posted to alt.battlestar-galactica,rec.arts.tv,rec.models.rockets,sci.space.history

Bob wrote:

Actually you are wrong about that. I use the terms left and right as
they were originally intended but modernized.

Left = Statism
Right = Individualism

Historically left and right referred to where the factions sat in the
French revolutionary assembly during the French Revolution. Those on the
left were radically republican those on the right much less radical. For
example Marat and Robespierre were on the left. Thus the left became
associated with more radical anti-monarchical principles. The burgoise
types would have been more right than left since they were propertarians.

In any case the French Revolution was much more left skewed than the
American revolution. The American Revolution left intact most British
customs and laws. The issue was independence, not remaking society
upward from the molecular level. The French thought of their revolution
as a totally New Order. They even redid the calender and abolished all
the old units of weights and measures. The metric system was a result of
the French revolution.

Bob Kolker