Koch funded climate scientist reverses thinking - climate change IS REAL!

Old July 31st 12, 12:50 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Androcles[_80_]

Default Koch funded climate scientist reverses thinking - climate change IS REAL!

"Chris L Peterson" wrote in message

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 23:32:54 +0100, "Androcles" wrote:

There is no such thing as computer science, it is all engineering and
mathematics.

There's no such thing as astronomical science, because we can't
predict supernovas.
================================
Correct.
Science is the observation, investigation and explanation of natural
phenomena, astronomy is merely measurement. Climatology is on
the same level as astrology and palmistry, no scientist is interested
in prophecy.
As much as I detest Tucker, he's right, there is no such thing as
"climate science".
Your utter stupidity has no impact on reality.

Old July 31st 12, 04:15 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Uncarollo2

On Jul 30, 11:07*pm, "W. eWatson" wrote:
Just as an aside. Has anyone noticed that David Koch supports NOVA? Talk
about irony!!

David Koch is not one of the two Koch brothers that is fighting
science. He is the third brother who really does not believe the
things his other two brothers believe in.
Old July 31st 12, 05:18 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Bert[_3_]

In
Uncarollo2 wrote:

The verdict is in: Global warming is occurring and emissions of
greenhouse gases caused by human activity are the main cause.

But wait!

Isn't the fact that, as you helpfully point out, the researcher is "Koch
funded," nothing he says can be believed?

Or is this somehow different?

--
St. Paul, MN
Old July 31st 12, 07:40 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Jul 31, 6:18*pm, Bert wrote:

Uncarollo2 wrote:
The verdict is in: Global warming is occurring and emissions of
greenhouse gases caused by human activity are the main cause.

But wait!

Isn't the fact that, as you helpfully point out, the researcher is "Koch
funded," nothing he says can be believed?

Or is this somehow different?

--
St. Paul, MN

I have to shake my head sometimes.

When this is all over,there may be people who can sit down and look at
the topics as if they meant something,that real experiences of climate
change altered life on this planet and always will.

None of you ever seem to believe that a rising Sun is a precious event
arising from a simple dynamics which in turns becomes the foundation
for not just evolutionary climate and geology but simply the day to
day topics denied most people by modelers who do not know what they
are doing.
Old July 31st 12, 07:58 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Uncarollo2

On Jul 31, 11:18*am, Bert wrote:

Uncarollo2 wrote:
The verdict is in: Global warming is occurring and emissions of
greenhouse gases caused by human activity are the main cause.

But wait!

Isn't the fact that, as you helpfully point out, the researcher is "Koch
funded," nothing he says can be believed?

Or is this somehow different?

--
St. Paul, MN

Read the full story in the LA Times. It will answer your question.
Old August 1st 12, 04:42 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Jul 31, 8:58*pm, Uncarollo2 wrote:
On Jul 31, 11:18*am, Bert wrote:

Uncarollo2 wrote:
The verdict is in: Global warming is occurring and emissions of
greenhouse gases caused by human activity are the main cause.

But wait!

Isn't the fact that, as you helpfully point out, the researcher is "Koch
funded," nothing he says can be believed?

Or is this somehow different?

--
St. Paul, MN

Read the full story in the LA Times. It will answer your question.

This is the sound of empirical dealings with astronomy running on
empty.

The celestial arena and all that happens in it,including our own
motion through this arena,is there for all expansive minds who care
only to immerse themselves in the life of the individual and the
Universal instead of this mean-spirited and narrow minded junk of
human control over global temperatures that exists only in the minds
of those who must hate astronomy and all it stands for.
Old August 1st 12, 05:41 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Uncarollo2

On Jul 31, 10:42*pm, oriel36 wrote:

This is the sound of empirical dealings with astronomy running on
empty.

Methinks your brain is running on empty
Old August 1st 12, 01:17 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_1_]

"How to save a career against an onslaught of left-lib envirokook
academic pressure."
Old August 1st 12, 06:49 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Aug 1, 6:41*am, Uncarollo2 wrote:
On Jul 31, 10:42*pm, oriel36 wrote:

This is the sound of empirical dealings with astronomy running on
empty.

Methinks your brain is running on empty

One of the great insights is based on coincident events,one an annual
astronomical and the other an annual meteorological - the appearance
of Sirius from behind the glare of the Sun and the rising of the Nile
river.Astronomers,not empiricist phonies,but genuine astronomers have
the ultimate say on what determines the parameters of global climate
and it has a precedence in the institution of the system of time
reckoning which equates the succession of days with the annual cycle
which in turns translates into the dynamical equivalent of rotations
to orbital circuits.

None of you have a mandate to discuss climate,not you or the apparent
dissenters,you can't even equate the most immediate experience of
planetary dynamics on temperature fluctuations within a 24 hour period
and that is indeed a mind running on empty.I can account for the usual
nuisances and noise boxes who are best suit to crib about historical
characters while following their dictates,this era needs men who have
a good overview of history and can sit down and wortk through the
difficulties at certain junctures and come up with a productive and
stable perspective.

The idea of human control over global temperatures indeed !,it can
only be considered in degrees of embarrassment.

Old August 8th 12, 04:57 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
David Staup

"Androcles" wrote in message

"Chris L Peterson" wrote in message

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 23:32:54 +0100, "Androcles" wrote:

There is no such thing as computer science, it is all engineering and
mathematics.

There's no such thing as astronomical science, because we can't
predict supernovas.
================================
Correct.
Science is the observation, investigation and explanation of natural
phenomena, astronomy is merely measurement. Climatology is on
the same level as astrology and palmistry, no scientist is interested
in prophecy.
As much as I detest Tucker, he's right, there is no such thing as
"climate science".
Your utter stupidity has no impact on reality.

Excuse me, utter stupidity has no impact on reality????
I would say the stupidity behind AGW has had much impact on our reality!
Bought gas lately?
Fortunately their days are numbered. I predict that the EPA will be gone by
the end of next January...NASA will be redirected....dept. of
education...gone. Say bye-bye to progressivism.

I am really looking forward to Chris's head exploding...figuratively
speaking of course