Where to get DGM Optics NPB nebula filters

Old August 4th 12, 04:09 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Where to get DGM Optics NPB nebula filters

Hi All,

After doing a bit of research in various forums, it seems there may be some confusion about who is, and who isn`t a legitimate source for my NPB and other astro-filters.

Obviously you can order them direct from DGM Optics and you will be getting my original NPB designs, lovingly packed in a sturdy 5" x 5" x 5" box, with the filter in my original captive "clam-shell" holder, and shipped free to any of the lower 48 states .... :-)
http://www.dgmoptics.com/DGMfilter_portal.htm

Or, they can be purchased directly through Omega Optical, who are licensed to sell them directly via their Ebay and Pro-Shop outlets. They are the ONLY manufacturer of the NPB, and my other astro-filters at this time, and are the same filters you will get direct from DGM Optics. They are labelled on the filter ring as "Omega" NPB, etc, but are my original designs and are the same filters as I offered prior to 2005, and the DGM/Omega licensing agreement. Although, the Omega "Helios" coating system is currently producing filters with the best "design possible" performance, with very high TX%, very low scattering, and super durability.
http://stores.ebay.com/OmegaFiltersE...&submit=Search
http://www.omegafilters.com/Capabili...onomy_Filters/

Also of note, over the last 6 months or so my old erols/user server; http://users.erols.com/dgmoptics has become quite unreliable, prompting me to get my own domain; www.dgmoptics.com For the most part search engines still point to the erols server, but I have the links directed to the new dgmoptics domain.

best regards!
Dan McShane