Mars Rover Live?

Old August 1st 12, 06:41 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
W. eWatson[_2_]

Default Mars Rover Live?

Where on the web is NASA going to provide live coverages of the landing?
The Science Channel on DirecTV has scheduled a broadcast, but it appears
some 20 hours after the landing. Google seems to be clogged with a Time
Square viewing.
Old August 1st 12, 11:16 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

W. eWatson:
Where on the web is NASA going to provide live coverages of the landing?
The Science Channel on DirecTV has scheduled a broadcast, but it appears
some 20 hours after the landing. Google seems to be clogged with a Time
Square viewing.

The Missus and I made the cut for the "Mars at Midnight" event at NASA
Goddard from midnight to 03:30 EDT on 6 August. We just had in
informational e-mail on the event.

The email states "Please note: There is a possibility that the landing
of the Curiosity rover will not be confirmed for several hours. In this
case, we encourage you to go to http://www.nasa.gov/mars to keep
abreast of the latest news. *You can also follow the mission at
https://twitter.com/#!/MarsCuriosity."

The former URL may link to NASA TV. I can't comment on the latter link,
as I have yet to experience the excitement of living any event through
tweets.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old August 2nd 12, 12:12 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Sam Wormley[_2_]

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html

--
-Sam Wormley