"The Wind from the Sun" by Arthur Clarke

Old March 1st 17, 07:25 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

Default "The Wind from the Sun" by Arthur Clarke

On Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 6:58:08 PM UTC-8, a425couple wrote:
wrote in message...
a425couple wrote:

I should have also sent this original post to the astronomy
group, where there is a chance someone might be interested.

"The Wind from the Sun" is the name of a book by Arthur Clarke
that is a collection of all 18 short stories that Clarke wrote between
1961 and Feb. 1972.
IMHO, a quite good collection (I'll tell about a few.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wind_from_the_Sun
https://www.amazon.com/Wind-Sun-Arth.../dp/0575600527
Current prices are 1 cent + 3.99 S&H.
Review = "A Clarke fan will want to own this book."
"Several little twists in the stories. Innovative ideas that were ahead
of
his time."
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...d_From_the_Sun

"The Wind from the Sun"
"Back cover teaser: "IN SPACE-Space-sailing anyone? Come ride the
sun's winds in the interstellar sailing contest of the century!" Problems
arise
for the competitors during this race to the moon."

It is also (in this book) the name of what I considered a very
interesting and pleasant short story (also named elsewhere
as 'Sunjammer')
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunjammer
"Algis Budrys praised the story as an example of "good, solid science
fiction .
. . the kind of story which justifies the existence of science fiction as
genre."

I will admit, I just can not fully comprehend how to maneuver
a vessel moved by the sun's rays, when you do not have
the friction of the hull or a keel in water.
But, it is obviously correct and possible and described he
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_sail

Again, IMHO, this is a great story.

It was first published in _Boy's Life_ as the cover story:
https://i2.wp.com/bookzone.boyslife....2015/05/bl.jpg
Peter Wezeman
anti-social Darwinist

Yes. As I was preparing the original post, I did look at
the Google Images, and saw that image of the space vessel,
and two other drawings done of the same.
Certainly different that what I'd imagined in my mind.
But very workable from Clarke's words (although with the
'greenhouse', in sunlight, might get hard to sleep!).

No matter which way the solar wind blows it will always blow on his back. Trebert
Old March 1st 17, 09:02 PM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

"Herbert Glazier" wrote
"No matter which way the solar wind blows it will always

blow http://tinyurl.com/Loudmouth-Glazier-8Feb2017 [1]
Bert, the un-American Communist, Bigot, Hatemonger,
Full Swine, Face ****ter & Graveyard Vandal who does this
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A8MGOU-CQAEaZw4.jpg

to his crowd of "Anon Y Mouse" & 8 other Bert-****-eaters
of http://tinyurl.com/Glazier-the-Lying-Swine who
freely & happily laid themselves under Glazier's Sphincter,
especially Iran's "Anon Y. Mouse"
aka Mehram Maleki
being the most fervent of Glazier's sphincter-lickers, & waits
greedily to feast on more of Bert's PFM (Poop For Maleki).

Now, there are new Bert-Turd-Eater-Aspirants in wait, like
"Peter Riedt" , plus "Greysky" aka
"Mathew Orman" , plus "Archie" aka
"Arc Michael" & Kackoby "benj"
Jacoby BJ the y/n-Judeo-Apostate, &
"James McGinn", the "Mad Ginni-pig"
and the gay kike Notrollovsky ,
"Kookjoke DeCockSuckslurper" and
Trou de cul hoosegow Silly Villain "Sylvain"
+ AP, Archie Poehl , the Lewdi,
Abhinav Lal, inferior Writer & penniless Investor

... but not one "got the picture" why Cohen said & meant:
_____ "All of you pigs, 'You must repent' " _____
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkRqQQWu_mA

ever since TB::ert Glazier introduced himself with & as....

:B:: "I am a proud Jew with a Superiority complex &
:B:: an IQ of 122", & "I do know how everything works."
:B:: "My Grandfathers had tails". -- Trebert
:B:: "Being Jewish I know this is so very true" -- Bert.
:B:: "I'm a non-bible (torra) Jew. I'm the only Jew that
:B:: got 2 form letters from two Popes". Bert
:B:: "God and religion is hocus pocus". Trebert.
:B:: __** "Why am I not loved by all?" --- Bert **__.

B:: "I'll be sitting on Benj's, Saul Levi's & HVAC's face
:B:: to take a **** & say: "Open your mouth wide".
:B:: "Hanson, I will **** on your grave. And laugh".
:B:: __** "Why am I not loved by all?" --- Bert **__.

:B:: "I left my dentures in Boston when I fled to CA
:B:: to evade my creditors & my daugher Sheri who
:B:: wanted to warehouse me in a nursing home".
:B:: I embarrass my Ggrandkids. They avoid me. Bert
:B:: "I have a Social worker to make sure that I eat
:B:: my Lithium & 21 other pills. I paint Grey Cloud."
:B:: After sex with a Cuban cigar I drink bud .Trebert
:B:: __** "Why am I not loved by all?" --- Bert **__.

:B:: "I am living in my Van that I parked illegally
:B:: on Wal-Mart's property for over a year." Bert
:B:: "I **** into a bucket in my van and then throw
:B:: the bag full of crap into Walmart's Dumpsters"
:B:: "Mayor Tait told me to get lost when I demanded
:B:: a contract to clean the city's HVAC ducts. Bert
:B:: "I'm like my half-baked bagel... back to the oven"
:B:: __** "Why am I not loved by all?" --- Bert **__.

:B:: "I am a loser & so ugly I will not vote for myself"
:B:: "I re-franchize my M&M (Maggots & Manure).".
:B:: "I sell imaginary boats and defective patio decks"
:B:: "I stole & gave G=EMC^2 to the world", which
:B:: says: "Glazier Exhibits Micro Cephalic Cretinism"
:B:: "With G=EMC^2 I made all good posters leave s.p."
:B:: All my 17 theories are well accepted by me. Bert
B:: __** "Why am I not loved by all?" --- Bert **__.

:B:: "I got kicked out of school in the 4th grade. Bert.
:B:: "I am self-taught. I'm very *cleaver* out of the box."
:B:: "My cockroach taught me a lot. My grammar stinks".
:B:: "I have lived for too long.. and always lied" Trebert.
:B:: "I called the Mental Health Hotline (800) 723-8641
:B:: spooked a lady with fearing to get shot in my head".
:B:: "I compulsively lie when I speak the truth". Trebert
:B:: __** "Why am I not loved by all?" --- Bert **__.

:B:: "While I was in custody of Osceola Sheriff Bob
:B:: Hansel, for thieving, his deputies beat me up.
:B:: Bees are my copters and Flies are my fighters.
:B:: They all die as old soldiers and just fade away.
:B:: I bought a 357 magnum for death threats by Hansel.
:B:: __** "Why am I not loved by all?" --- Bert **__.

:B:: "Even the FBI has me as a trouble maker and
:B:: the FBI blocks my phone from calling them"....
:B:: "I mixed sulfer, carb & iron to make gun powder"
:B:: "Israel will drop its first H-bomb 'David' ". TreBert
:B:: __"I'm glad when war breaks out"__ Bert
:B:: __** "Why am I not loved by all?" --- Bert **__.

PS2:
Glazier is at the bottom of the barrel of communist
US Jews who are traitors that have whored down this
nation. How they did it is seen above in [1] and why
so, is described & detailed by the eminent Jewish
Scholar Harold Wallace Rosenthal ||R:|| in his epic
http://tinyurl.com/The-HW-Rosenthal-interview-XT