Parallel QuickCam driver?

Old July 10th 03, 09:44 AM
Robin Leadbeater

Default Parallel QuickCam driver?

"Egon Spengler" wrote in message

Sadly linux drivers and my PC is windoze

I did search on google earlier, but to no avail.

Egon

Ho hum then :O)

http://www.astrosurf.com/dallmon/html/quickcam.html

Thanks Arthur

Looks like a nice piece of software.
Gives me a bucket load of errors under XP, but the page does only list

win9x
and NT.

Time to play and see what happens

Many thanks

Egon

Hi Egon,

If you are running XP, you will probably need to allow the program to access
the parallel port. (I use directio) I also have some original camera drivers
which run on XP. Contact me off list if you get stuck

Robin

Robin Leadbeater
N54.75 W3.24
www.leadbeaterhome.fsnet.co.uk/astro.htm

Old July 10th 03, 11:22 PM
Chef!

Egon Spengler wrote:
Sadly linux drivers and my PC is windoze

I did search on google earlier, but to no avail.

Egon

Ho hum then :O)

http://www.astrosurf.com/dallmon/html/quickcam.html

Thanks Arthur

Looks like a nice piece of software.
Gives me a bucket load of errors under XP, but the page does only
list win9x and NT.

Time to play and see what happens

Many thanks

Egon

Rather OT for this particular NG, but you could...

Run XP as host OS, with W9x or NT as guests. Using for example
http://www.vmware.com/

Then you can kiss goodbye to f**king about with device drivers, partitioning
your drives etc.

YMMV
Chef!

Old July 11th 03, 12:18 AM
Egon Spengler

After much playing about i've got qcv2 to work just fine.

For anyone else who might be interested:

Install directio to allow direct access (emulated via HAL) to the parallel
port

Under active ports add 378-37b

Under Security add QCV2.EXE

If it doesn't work first time, reboot between adjusting settings.

That gets QCV2 working with the parallel port without a problem.

A word of warning though...

Running QCV2 on quad or dual processor machines seems to peg all processors
at 100% and won't read the camera.
Move everything to a single processor machine and it works just fine. YMMV

Thanks to Robin Leadbetter for his assistance.

Egon