ToUcam Help

Old July 9th 03, 05:38 AM
Andy Lawes

Default ToUcam Help

Hello All,

Have just purchased new laptop (Compaq EVo 1015v) with XP Pro, to use for
imaging in the field with ToUcam Pro. The Web cam doesn't work with XP any
one found a fix for it?

Have been on the Philips web site and down loaded driver 1.3 but it makes no
difference

Help!!

Andy

Old July 9th 03, 11:15 AM
Chris.B

Heiko Wichmann wrote in message ...
Hello,

XP provides already all necessary drivers (onboard).
Remove the whole Philips-stuff, plug-in the cam and reboot
your laptop. XP should recognize the cam and activate
automatically the onboard driver. Capture pictures with
tools like Giotto or K3CCD.

regards

Heiko

Andy Lawes wrote:

Hello All,

Have just purchased new laptop (Compaq EVo 1015v) with XP Pro, to use for
imaging in the field with ToUcam Pro. The Web cam doesn't work with XP any
one found a fix for it?
Have been on the Philips web site and down loaded driver 1.3 but it makes no
difference

Andy

That's if you can remove all the Philips 'crap' once it's onboard!
Did I mention 'crap'? That's C-R-A-P crap! Okay? g

I know Simon: Moan, moan, moan!

Chris.B

Old July 9th 03, 05:16 PM
ChrisH

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 05:38:34 +0100, "Andy Lawes"
wrote:

Hello All,

Have just purchased new laptop (Compaq EVo 1015v) with XP Pro, to use for
imaging in the field with ToUcam Pro. The Web cam doesn't work with XP any
one found a fix for it?

Have been on the Philips web site and down loaded driver 1.3 but it makes no
difference

Help!!

Andy

Mine works OK with XP Home or Pro, I think you've ended up with two
lots of drivers installed - the Philips and the MS. You need to get
rid of one or the other. I used the Philips installation CD with no
probs.

ChrisH

UK Astro Ads: http://www.UKAstroAds.co.uk

Old July 12th 03, 09:38 AM
Andy Lawes

"Andy Lawes" wrote in message news:3f0b9c53.0@entanet...
Hello All,

Have just purchased new laptop (Compaq EVo 1015v) with XP Pro, to use for
imaging in the field with ToUcam Pro. The Web cam doesn't work with XP any
one found a fix for it?

Have been on the Philips web site and down loaded driver 1.3 but it makes

no
difference

Help!!

Andy

I have found out it's the Compaq N1015v Laptops USB ports although they

meet the USB spec they don't deliver enough power for the ToUcam to work.

So don't buy a Compaq N1015V if you want to use the ToUcam Pro

Cheers
Andy