Nexstar 4 Question

Old August 31st 03, 06:20 AM
Ken Montgomery

Default Nexstar 4 Question

I'd appreciate any advice on getting my daughter's Nexstar 4 going
again. Actually, she's only used it a couple of times.

In performing the Auto-Alignment set up, the telescope moves up and down
but refuses to rotate left or right on its axis. The motor doesn't seem
to be engaging the gears. If we "coax" it along manually with our hands,
the telescope will rotate. But once we attempt to let the motor do its
job, no rotation occurs. We've tried putting in new batteries, but that
hasn't fixed the problem. The scope is mounted on a field tripod.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old August 31st 03, 02:16 PM
Bobsprit

I'd appreciate any advice on getting my daughter's Nexstar 4 going
again. Actually, she's only used it a couple of times.

Contact Celestron. They are usually very helpful and well fix you up.

RB