Mars

Old August 27th 03, 01:23 PM
PalmaG72

Default Mars

I am not to informed of Astronomy as most on this newsgroup are - I live in
Central NJ - early this morning about 4:30 AM I looked up in the southern sky
and saw a bright Yellow Star (usually stars I see are white) this was larger
than what I usually see - I have no telescope - just a cheap pair of binoculars
I use for back yard birding -I am wondering if it was Mars I saw -
About thirty miles away in Milford,NJ ( Hunterdon County) an earthquake hit
about 4PM - also wondering if Mars had an effect on this event - would
appreciate some information - please don't be critical of my lack of knowledge
Old August 27th 03, 04:55 PM
Fred Williams

Starlord wrote:

MARS has ZERO effect on the Earth, it's still over 34 MILLION miles
from Earth.

Well, Mars certainly doesn't cause noticable earthquakes, although I
think we can detect a slight perterbation of the Earth's orbit with
sufficiently delicate instruments and/or over a long enough timespan.
For the significant figures quoted, and in this context, Starlord is
quite right; 0.0 effects for sure.

--
Regards
Fred

Remove FFFf to reply, please
Old August 29th 03, 04:41 PM
steve@nospam-[roteus.demon.co.uk

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 07:51:14 -0700, "Starlord"
wrote:

MARS has ZERO effect on the Earth, it's still over 34 MILLION miles from Earth.

Incorrect, Mars has a major effect on earth, especially the factories
In China churning out telescopes.

--
---
The two most abundant elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.
Old August 31st 03, 08:54 AM
Painius

wrote:

MARS has ZERO effect on the Earth, it's still over 34 MILLION
miles from Earth.

Incorrect, Mars has a major effect on earth, especially the factories
In China churning out telescopes.

LOL!

--
---
The two most abundant elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.
Why is the ratio of Hydrogen to Stupidity less in usenet than anywhere else in the universe?

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
A Universe of Beauty