book suggestions

Old August 29th 03, 10:26 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

Default book suggestions

In message , D Webb
writes
Hey,
I'm looking for a really good book on our solar systems planets. One that
has a good bit of "techincal data" like masses and orbit periods and
compositions and moons, etc. But, also one that has a good selection of the
stunning pictures we've gotten in the last 10 or 20 years from all the
probes. Does anyone have a suggestion for ONE book that has all this? If
not, do you have suggestions for TWO books where each one fulfills half of
the requirement? Thanks for any and all suggestions. Let me know what books
you thought were the most informative and "prettiest".

"The New Solar System" by J Kelly Beatty, Brian O'Leary, Andrew Chaikin
would be my choice. They describe it as somewhere between a coffee-table
book and a textbook - it's a collection of articles by experts in their
field like Gene Shoemaker, James van Allen, and William Hartmann.
--
"Forty millions of miles it was from us, more than forty millions of miles of
void"