Hi i'm looking to start stargazing

Old August 28th 03, 01:37 PM
David Slade

Default Hi i'm looking to start stargazing

Hello everyone,
I'm seriously considering buying my first telescope and was wondering if i
could get any pointers?

Thanks
Dave

Old August 29th 03, 11:11 PM
Rich310

Hi Capt,

Am I missing something here... what's the big deal about Meade scopes? I
was thinking of purchasing an ETX125. For me and others like me, please
explain why we should stay away from Meade.

Many thanks

Rich

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
I'm seriously considering buying my first telescope and was wondering if i
could get any pointers?

You'll be apt to be less dissapointed with a scope of reasonable quality

and
size. Start looking for a 6 inch scope or larger and consider it's size &
weight carefully.
Orion and Celestron are two companies that are building good scopes at

modest
prices.
Stay away from Meade, E-bay listed brands from China and department store
tascos and the like.
Starlord will post a buyers faq for you.

Capt RB