how to calculate polar alignment error from drift?

Old July 12th 03, 11:07 AM
Robin Leadbeater

Default how to calculate polar alignment error from drift?

"Kevin Smith" wrote in message

You can use T point to map a series off stars, and then it can tell you

what
your error in Polar alignment is.

Hope that is of some help.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the idea. My Skysensor when fitted to the main mount will
effectively do that too (having done a 3 point alignment, it will report the
polar axis error) Unfortunately the DEC axis motor cannot be fitted to the
Eq1 mount so I have to adjust DEC manually and I get no feedback to the
computer.

BTW if anyone is curious about what an Eq1 mount fitted with a skysensor
looks like, you can see a picture of it here

http://www.leadbeaterhome.fsnet.co.uk/pisp3.htm

10arcsec PE on an Eq1 ! :-)

Robin