Mars 2003 Jul 09

Old July 10th 03, 09:10 PM
Pete Lawrence

Default Mars 2003 Jul 09

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:57:28 +0100, Stephen Tonkin
wrote:

The arrangement needs a large eyepiece objective (is that the correct
term for the lens closest to your eye?)

Eye lens. (The one at the other end is the "field lens")

Thanks - I must say that the anatomy of an eyepiece has always escaped
me.

I can get mine so that the camera lens touches the eye lens. I separate
them by a minuscule amount.

My lanthanum's eye lens is recessed in a fraction. There has to be a
small gap in my case.

I found that computer software very disappointing and erratic in use.
I may try again. My last attempt was trying to set up a time-lapse
session for lightning photography. I couldn't get consistent
focussing from the arrangement at all. In fact most of the time I
couldn't get focus, via the computer!

I fix the camera focus to infinity, then focus the telescope. Must get a
motor focus. (Hint: I have a wanted ad for this on UK Astro Ads!)

It may be that the software doesn't work properly with the C-2100uz.
It seemed to have real trouble even setting the focus to infinity.

Can your camera take movies?

No, but I'm thinking of upgrading (already) to one that does.

Oh dear ;-)

--
Pete
Homepage at http://www.pbl33.co.uk