M1 - Crab Nebula in Taurus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 2nd 06, 06:16 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy,de.sci.astronomie,fr.sci.astronomie
Anthony Ayiomamitis

Default M1 - Crab Nebula in Taurus

Dear Friends,

Finally a small break in the bad weather we have been experiencing the
past few weeks with a brief 3.5-hr window of opportunity after the moon
had finally set to image the Crab Nebula in Taurus. I regret not
pursuing the luminance portion in h-alpha (live and learn) and I will
follow-up with a repeat visit which will most certainly include a heavy
h-alpha component.

For those interested, please see
http://www.perseus.gr/Astro-DSO-NGC-1952.htm .... the higher resolution
version available by clicking on the hyperlinked image includes a
"misplaced" asteroid on the upper left quadrant.

The seeing was quite horrible (FWHM 2.9 to 3.6 arc-secs) and a far cry
from my usual 1.7 to 2.3 arc-secs.

Clear skies!

Anthony.